Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default MAX PAYNE problem

my max payne game is not working properly.even the tutorial did not start when i fist launched it.then i set the texture detail to low.the tutorial worked properly but the game did not function,it exited to windows due to an unexpected error.i have an intel 82845 G graphics controller,pentium 4 processor,win XP SERVICE PACK 2 and directx 9.0. my agp accelerator button is greyed out.i do not know if i have an agp.Please help me.......................................

Super Moderator

Check the computer makers website in regards to the model of system you own, to see if you have an AGP video card or if the motherboard is making use of shared RAM in relation to having a built-in video chipset.

You can also open the case of your system, unless doing so will void any warranty. An AGP video card with be just that, a physical card you can see.

But, some motherboards do use a built-in AGP.
    So your problem may also be that you do not have enough physical RAM for the video adapter, or the AGP speed is below what the game requires.

But if your AGP is greyed out, then it is likely you do not have a AGP video card. If you are able to open your system case and you do not know what you are looking for. Look inside the case for a physical card, that will be connected to your VGA (Monitor's cable).
    If the monitor appears to connect directly to your motherboard, then you do not have an installed AGP card.
    It is also likely - but not always, that your motherboard lacks the ability to add in an AGP card.

So the real solution would be to search online for your machines make and model number to get a specification sheet to see what you do and do not have.

Default Max payne problem contd.

i found out that i have a multiplexed AGP interface

Default max payne problem

my max payne 1.0 exits to the desktop when i play in fugitive mode