Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default viruses-helppppppp

i recently encountered numerous trojans and spyware viruses in my system and my mcafee virus scan does not seem to catch them . advice needed .please help.

personally i dont use mccaffee and never would,i personally dont like the big so called best antivirus proggies,i always remember saving loads of files on disc and at the time i had trend micro pc cillin and it was always kept bang up to date,yet when i ran the discs in a different system avg free found virus and a trojan in them files.my advice is get a different antivirus,use spybot and adaware and avoid such things as p2p,if you want adaware or spybot or indeed as i do run both then do a search here on the forums as they have been listed many times.

I down loaded 2 versions of morpheus here, both had virus, spyware and adware

Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I down loaded 2 versions of morpheus here, both had virus, spyware and adware
    Please be more specific: what versions did you download ,what link did you use to download,what Viruses did you encounter in the installer packages ,what are you using to scan.

many downloader/file sharing apps come with adware/spyware but they should not have viruses however once you connect them to the internet they may quickly gather viri unless you take care.

To find information or help for a virus problem you might find a suitable link here:

http://www.pooq.org/ComputerSecurityViruses.php