Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Update/Patch for Ghost 2003

I own Ghost 2003 and only need the update/patch released in the year 2003 for this program.
    I could not find it at Symantec. Any help is appreciated!

Administrator

as far i can see this is your answer,there doesnt seem to be any info anywhere relating to other updates etc for your product http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...02102509582825
    simply me

There are various things you could try:

Download the latest liveupdate application from symantic and see if that liveupdates for you however I dont know that they are still serving the updates.

and/or do the live registration first and then the live update.(it may pay to try more than once)

or use these files
    2003b789

2003b793
    2003b793 mirror
    you can add the .zip extension to them once you have them.

Then as explained here
    Quote Originally Posted by gpilot
    The 793 update has all the files (newer versions) than the
    789 update except one. Extract all the files to a temp folder.
    You can use the "ghostlu.exe" file which will copy the files to your ghost program folder, or you can manually copy the files. That's all the ghostlu.exe does.

WARNING: Before doing this, you must exit ghost, AND end its process(s) in Task Manager. There is a .dll file, "vpartition.dll" , among others which will not copy if it is locked or in use by a process. However there is one process which I could not end in Task Manager even though I was not running ghost, a background process which loads on bootup.

PC mag has a utility "Enditall" which gives you complete control over running processes, and which will allow you to kill all the ghost programs. I used it successfully to end what Task manager refused to. (don't do this if Ghost is running).

Then copy over the files from the update .zips to your Ghost program folder. There was one file in the 789 update which was missing from the 793, in any case I just made sure I copied over (overwrite) the files with the most recent dates.

Then you need to reboot the PC so the background ghost processes will start with the new files.

Hope this helps! Grin
    b.t.w. there are additional free applications in this forum that will help you end running processes you may want to check them out,if you use enditall as a search keyword you should find them.
    Last edited by Goslow; 10-14-2006 at 07:42 PM. Reason: ...try more than once

Default Norton Ghost 2003 update

I could not find the below files in Symantec website or from your link. Can you give me a new ftp site to donwload? Thanks.

2003b789
    2003b793
    2003b793 mirror

The LiveUpdate (based on the instruction above) from Norton did not update either.

Hi, you could try some of the procedures here, or someone may have another search for the files for you, been there done that! hard to get excited about it second time round sorry, you could also try a PM to the original requester in this thread or the links I've given you as they might still have the files.
    http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206707882/30
    http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1074852133/15
    If I have saved them somewhere & come across them I'll upload them but as by name as by nature.

Default Update/Patch for Ghost 2003

I did go through these sites, and the links were broken. Do you have any idea of how to get the file? If you happen to have these files, can you give them to me? Thanks in advance.

I had to reformat my SATA harddisk last weekend, due to Ghost 2003 incompatibility with SATA.

I gave u my ideas on how to get the file!! PM everybody in those links that ever had the files (not me ) thats what I would do if I wanted them bad. Its possible I have them but it would be a forensics job to recover them, one I am not undertaking currently. Goodluck

Gold

Default I too am searching for the update/patch for Ghost 2003

Quote Originally Posted by kwenger View Post
    I own Ghost 2003 and only need the update/patch released in the year 2003 for this program.
    I could not find it at Symantec. Any help is appreciated!
    Around 2006 Norton stopped supporting Ghost 2003 via Live Update with the patch which allowed the user to create bootable CD's and not only bootable floppy disks.

Back in 2006, Norton had a place on their web-site where updates no longer supported were archived and available for download.

I have since purchased Norton Ghost 15 but find I preferred the utility, interface and design of 2003. I just rebuilt my very old XP circa 2002 Toshiba. I did not use my ghost image because the updating of Windows would have taken so long. Instead I build up a new Windows kernel then added my original Ghost 2003 to it, realizing just today the limitations I face without the update/fix. So, if anyone has found the fix, let me know. Thanks.

Neal