Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default Internet Explorer 6

HI All -- I'm looking for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 NOT the current version 6SP1. I'm using windows ME (pc to old to upgrade to xp). Even though SP1 is supposed to work with ME, on my PC it doesn't. I've downloaded 6sp1 acouple of times thinking that the download got corrupted and the last time i got a message that files are missing do this to correct and it turned out to be a "round robin". I want to fully delete Explorer 6SP! and start over. MS website appears to only offer 6sp1. Any Links or suggestions? Thanks Windy

Administrator

welcome to oldversion,just a couple of pointers for you,as you are requesting you should really of posted in the request board.and always search before posting,there are many threads for internet explorer and some of those contain details of where to get your downloads such as http://browsers.evolt.org/
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    HI All -- I'm looking for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 NOT the current version 6SP1. I'm using windows ME (pc to old to upgrade to xp). Even though SP1 is supposed to work with ME, on my PC it doesn't. I've downloaded 6sp1 acouple of times thinking that the download got corrupted and the last time i got a message that files are missing do this to correct and it turned out to be a "round robin". I want to fully delete Explorer 6SP! and start over. MS website appears to only offer 6sp1. Any Links or suggestions? Thanks Windy
    Search around for some old MSN discs, the ones like AOL used to send out. I might be wrong but those AOL discs might have it on there also.