Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: UltraEdit

Default UltraEdit

I have a copy via work, and want a copy via home . . . but work has an old version licensed. Not sure the rules in the forum: can I offer the serial for "novelty purposes only" in exchange for the location of the old trial version?

Program Name: UltraEdit-32
    Website: http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=UE_MoreFeatures
    Current version: 12.20
    Desired versions: 10.20a (or equivalent for license)
    Description: (Pieces pasted below from web site)

IDM is proud to present our award-winning product, UltraEdit-32. UltraEdit-32 is a disk-based editor for Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/2003 and XP (not Win32s). UltraEdit-32 supports 64-bit file handling (standard) on all 32-bit Windows platforms.

Key Features

Code Folding
    Supports 64-bit file handling (standard) on all 32-bit Windows platforms
    UNICODE support
    Disk based text editing - supports files in excess of 4GB, minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
    100,000 word spell checker, with foreign languages support (American English, British English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish and Swedish)
    Syntax highlighting - configurable, pre-configured for C/C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download
    FTP client built in to give access to FTP servers with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save. (32-Bit Only) Includes support for SFTP (SSH2).
    SSH/Telnet Window
    Project/Workspace support
    Configurable keyboard mapping
    Column/block mode editing
    Hexadecimal Editor - allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view
    Named Templates
    HTML Toolbar preconfigured for popular functions
    Integration with UltraSentry to securely delete UltraEdit temporary files
    Multi-byte Support with Integrated IME Support

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by undrline View Post
    can I offer the serial for "novelty purposes only" in exchange for the location of the old trial version?
    Someone may locate an older copy for you, as for offering the serial, thats prohibited. No matter what you label it, it is viewed as software theft. Offering serials to "thawart the man" or "stick it to Big Companys" or simply as stated, "novelty purposes only" is all illegal.

Sounds like a great program by the way. Sounds similar to "midnight commander" and "vim" under UNIX.

Default Thanks

Thank you for the reply. I'll check the links out at home.