Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Msn Messenger

Skyless Blue

Why does messenger keep kicking me offline? I had messenger 5.0 and i'd log on and then talk to people for a bit or whatever, sometimes not talk to anyone, and then all of a sudden it boots me off, and i have to sign in again. It does this over and over again. I thought that maybe it was a problem with this version but then i deleted it and intalled messenger 4.5 and it still does the same thing. I don't know what the problem is.. whether it's a problem with the messenger or with my computer... or what.. But if anyone has heard of this happening before and/or knows how to fix this somehow, I would GREATLY appriciate their advice!!! MSN is the only messenger I use really, and the only one I talk to anyone on.. and this is just reaaalllllyyy frustrating me. PLEASE HELP! Thank-You!!

-Skyless Blue
    [/SIZE]

Originally posted by Skyless Blue@Feb 9 2003, 11:40 PM
    Why does messenger keep kicking me offline? I had messenger 5.0 and i'd log on and then talk to people for a bit or whatever, sometimes not talk to anyone, and then all of a sudden it boots me off, and i have to sign in again. It does this over and over again. I thought that maybe it was a problem with this version but then i deleted it and intalled messenger 4.5 and it still does the same thing. I don't know what the problem is.. whether it's a problem with the messenger or with my computer... or what.. But if anyone has heard of this happening before and/or knows how to fix this somehow, I would GREATLY appriciate their advice!!! MSN is the only messenger I use really, and the only one I talk to anyone on.. and this is just reaaalllllyyy frustrating me. PLEASE HELP! Thank-You!!

-Skyless Blue
    [/SIZE]
    I have the same problem... I and can see that Microsoft had major problems with this is february 2002!

I just HATE Microsoft updates - nothing new, except for the new bugs. Messenger 5.0 is 3 times slower when loggon on to the service than messenger 4.x was and now this problem! :angry:

Beta

Normally when your not using MSN Messenger, it boots you off at a certain time. Then after a little while, MSN Messenger should log you back in (like it does with me.)

Default Im confused

I have a crisis and I need to know how to transfer symbols from Microsoft Word over to my MSN Display name. I would appreciate it very much if someone could reply back to me, also my computer isn't very fast and I want to download an earlier version of MSN but when I try to sign in it doesn't let me, and it says I have to download the latest version, could someone please tell me how to??

Administrator

read through a few old threads for messenger as this has been covered before and a couple of work arounds have been added to allow the use of older msn versions.
    one such thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2767
    Last edited by the gaffer; 11-27-2005 at 04:41 PM.
    simply me