Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Aol?

Default Aol?

Which version of America Online would work the best with windows 98 on a lan?

AOL7 .. Last UNBLOATED version....

Good luck

Default Thanx for aol

Thanx for the invalueable info. I will d/l it right away.

Good luck!!

I hope it works OK for ya

Theres also a candian version of 7.0 which a friend of mine says is even better (I recommend it) (Better voice prompts,etc...) -- If you'd like,ill send you a link to grab aol 7.0 canada

Seeing AIM5.5.3598 CANADA is better than the USA 5.5.3598 -- AOL7 also is
    Last edited by The Dude; 11-13-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Default Please post aol link

Please post a link or something about the aol canada versions you were explaining earlier when ever you get a chance. Thank you AOL 3.0 TCP/IP works great on my win 98 machine on lan! lol. It was only 1.5 mb, go figure. I tried the aol ftp but could not find the files on their huge server.
    ~Mike

Well if aol3 works fine for you why do you wanna upgrade?? (Ya know what they say "If it aint broke dont me$$ with it" )

Anyway,here is the link to DL aol7.0 canada (34 Megs)

http://canada.aol.com/software.adp

Please let us know how it goes
    Last edited by The Dude; 11-14-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Default not all features work

As we all know there are pros and cons of every old version...The aol 3 connects well tcp/ip but can barely retrieve email and other functions; the aol 7 is far less bloated then the other later releases and performs most features fast and well. I would but my blue chip on aol 7 ca. Thanks for the link.

~Mike

I knew you would like it

Enjoy my friend.