Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Very disturbing

Default Very disturbing

You all know how i like to scan the bases for ALL THREADS (Regardless of thier dates) and on another site i was doing just that last night and i came across a thread with a VERY DISTURBING link to an email from a former MICROSOFT employee... (The link was down but i used the archive site and pulled it up..)

http://tinyurl.com/uf3ww

Anyway after reading this i double checked my registry to make sure "enableremoteconnect" was set to N (Thankfully it is)

If you do not have an entry for this,i would advise adding it straight away!! (As if there isnt one,the assumed value is 'Y')

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE (This is the location of where you should have this entry (I have 2 there and 1 of them is that.))

Who do they think they are invading everyone's computers?? -- Basically they know every piece of S/W on your computer!! (Unless this value is set to N)

I advise all of you to check and make sure yours is also set to N...

Administrator

would of liked to read that dude but the link isnt working.
    simply me

Hmm its working fine now......

Administrator

working for me now dude,it may be a good idea for others if you explain exactly what needs adding and how to add it.
    simply me

Well if you have that OLE section and dont have a "Enableremoteconnect" with a value of N .. You might wanna add it..

Almost everyone has "rpcss.exe" and you cannot ditch this file!!! (Best you can do is disable it)

Please advise on how one can find this to disable it. I have searched my folder and file database, and it comes up with nothing. I am on Compaq Pres 3500+ Windows XP Media Center edition SP 2