Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Wmm[v.2.1]problems! Help!!!

okie...now where should i start off xD. i have CCCP[Combined Community Codec Pack] installed on my comp and maybe a few other codecs but they never appear while im using wmm so thats fine. i imported shinobi the movie into WMM and its a xdiv formated vid. and the ffdshow audio and video icons appeared everytime i either clicked on the clip or played or sent it to the timeline. but not just one like the several ffdshow icons pop up in the start toolbar tray. so i kinda think that the ffdshow is causing the problem cuz when i split some of the shinobi clips, the wmm shuts down/closes with no warning. or it closes when i send a splited clip to the timeline. yea and i tried rebooting my comp and retryed to do the process over again but the program keeps closing on me. CAN SOMEONE HELP! i need to finish this prj by FRIDAY =.=;

Super Moderator

By xdiv, do you mean Xvid?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow

ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and other opensourced libraries with a rich set of postprocessing filters.

If you can not import Xvid into WMM, then you might need to first transcode it to a different avi container format.

You can do this with Nandub. Actually you can do quite a bit with nandub, which might make WMM unnecessary.

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nandub.html

you mean nandub can split and add audio to the clips like wmm? cuz the vid is in a .avi container and in xDIV format.

Super Moderator

I can not find any information relating to the xdiv format. So I can not say whether nandub will work for that format.

You could also try Virtualdub.