Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Can I revert to the previous version of BitTorrent?

Can I uninstall BT 5.0.1 without losing my existing torrents? I was using 4.?.?. I had 75 torrents, mostly complete and seeding indefinitely. I did not realize that they would start over again when I upgraded.

I had previously downloaded 5.0.0, but never used it, so no harm, no foul. 5.0.1 has hijacked my torrents and they are all reloading at once, using all of my computer's resourses. I am at 6% after 24 hours. I would prefer not to lose everything, but it is unusable in this state. It takes forever to even delete a torrent. Thanx.

Oh, also, are other clients compatable wioth my existing torrents? Can I use utorrent, Bitcomet, etc. to retrieve them, or are they all seperate systems?

Can I just download any 4.?.? version from you? How can I tell what version I had, or does it matter? Must I uninstall 5.0.1 first? I am trying to avoid searching for each torrent again seprately.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bearmelt View Post
    Can I uninstall BT 5.0.1 without losing my existing torrents? I was using 4.?.?. I had 75 torrents, mostly complete and seeding indefinitely. I did not realize that they would start over again when I upgraded.

I had previously downloaded 5.0.0, but never used it, so no harm, no foul. 5.0.1 has hijacked my torrents and they are all reloading at once, using all of my computer's resourses. I am at 6% after 24 hours. I would prefer not to lose everything, but it is unusable in this state. It takes forever to even delete a torrent. Thanx.

Oh, also, are other clients compatable wioth my existing torrents? Can I use utorrent, Bitcomet, etc. to retrieve them, or are they all seperate systems?

Can I just download any 4.?.? version from you? How can I tell what version I had, or does it matter? Must I uninstall 5.0.1 first? I am trying to avoid searching for each torrent again seprately.
    You can use a different torrent client. Down it first >make it the 'default' torrent client>exit your new torrent prog>remove unwanted prog. I prefer utorrent, but would never use ANY client without PeerGuardian and Zone alarm firewall. Good luck.