Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beta

Default 9000 plus members here

I see there is almost 10,000 members here, who ever is in charge here do you like have limit time to log in account before gets deleted or about e-mail address for user name dont exist account gets deleted.

Whats the story around the lame problems and by far most common, Anyone can forget about site, or user name maybe password or they close there email address.....

Beta

Omg I just view first page on member list I see alot of 123456 user names lmfao If I was in charged those names would be gone in heart beat.

Do mass email to all members lets see which emails bounce back at you and delete accounts from there.....

Administrator

perhaps a good job you are not in charge then,it seems strange why you seem to have a problem with the number of members here
    simply me

Beta

Well to boost the ego site up having fake names and names like 12345 dont look too well if you got the point.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

When we didn't have ImageMagik installed, spambots could register without any sort of image confirmation and this most likely caused a surge in inactive members. Right now, I'm more focused on the backend of the main site to ensure fast retrieval of files and faster request fills for all old versions.

I'm going to prune members who have not logged in for 365 days to start with.

Asking for email confirmation is a good idea, however often times the server fails to send out an email for one reason or another - so I'm hesitant to implement this as of now.
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 01-02-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 98SE View Post
    Well to boost the ego site up having fake names and names like 12345 dont look too well if you got the point.
    could also check out how many different users come from the same ip address if you know what i mean
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

judging by the literacy and terminology used the last few days,i would guess 4 newish members are from the same address

Beta

Complaining is good for you as long as you're not complaining to the person you're complaining about

Release Candiate 1

Quote Originally Posted by straight talker View Post
    judging by the literacy and terminology used the last few days,i would guess 4 newish members are from the same address
    Judging by what you think you know your not that bright.

4 newish huh ohh thats swell and you must be stocking them too.

Dont question me who or what are my names or address my 3 names are plain out simple anyone who has brains would know.