Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by pun@Apr 7 2004, 08:28 AM
    Which program are you refering to Dorothy?
    Perfect example why the Howto Request an App was created, to eliminate the possibilty of confusion. I read the winmix was a typo, and thought it should have read winmx.

If posters dont clarify what they are seeking, mistakes can and will happen.

guest_Brian

if no version of winmx over 3.3 will connect to the servers, and they are locking out old versions of winmx to get people to upgrade to the versions that dont connect, then wouldn't that render the software useless? All it would be is just a useless piece of software doing nothing except taking up your hard drive space. lol

WinMX is useless enough as it is. What's the point of making it worse?

SoberTillNoon

thank you for that last bit.

Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 10 2004, 12:54 AM
    thank you for that last bit.
    kinda wasteful for a member to be posting ? i believe the mod prefers informative additions to threads and not pointless comments, if your just inflating your post count cuz your new here dont bother people are not impressed by a large post count its the content of posts that is important not the amount of them

steve h

hi all,on my pc there's only 98 mb ram,,,i can't load win,mx,when i do load it,it goes so slow,eg press on a key and it takes about 20 sec's for the button to bepress on the screen,is this a ram to little problem,,,
    thanks for any help,,steve

Originally posted by steve h@Jul 10 2004, 06:37 AM
    hi all,on my pc there's only 98 mb ram,,,i can't load win,mx,when i do load it,it goes so slow,eg press on a key and it takes about 20 sec's for the button to bepress on the screen,is this a ram to little problem,,,
    thanks for any help,,steve
    try checking on a p2p forum for minimum system requirements on p2p apps, also this post should not of been in the requests section it needing placing under programs or even general, the requests section is for just that, requesting of software

SoberTillNoon

Sorry, but I have hated WinMX for a long time, and, well, I am glad to see someone sharing my oppinion. That is all. But, uh, I can look into the problem. Yeah, sure, I can try it. Wait nevermind. The thread has been resolved. There is nothing more to further because versions below 3.3 have been dissallowed. The most I could is host the same open nap servers that you download from WimMX, but there is no gaurentee of that working for him/her. But I will try, I suppose.

-That conversation with myself brought to you by, W-

SoberTillNoon

Hey, eLySiuM, right click and download this file here: http://sobertillnoon.com/PUBLIC%2020040708...11pilone(2).wsx If you go to it, you will get a text document, so you have to use the right clicking.
    What you need to do is under ntworks click on the "opennap protocol networks" button then "import .wsx" Find this file, and many many open nap servers will be in the list for you to connect to. Again, this might not work, for your older version, but I am confident that it might.

-W-

bmh67wa

WinMX also has the ability to connect to OpenNap servers, a function that has worked in WinMX from their first to their latest versions. Their own internal network changed and the newer versions have been changed to work with it but the program isn't "useless" just because it's an older version and their network has changed. Just consider it as a program with some features disabled. I see no one complaining that older versions of Yahoo! Messenger are not working and thus requiring a user to upgrade to it's newest version for full functionality. Plus, it was your choice to use an older version of WinMX. Operating systems and computers themselves have changed a lot since WinMX 2.6 came out. I know several who use the new WinMX with little or no problems. If your computer is that slow then maybe it's time for you to upgrade, the same thing that the makers of WinMX and many other programs do to improve their software. Hence, the reason why there are so many versions of the same program and the reason as to why Olderversion.com exists!

Super Moderator

Unlikely this is a RAM issue. 98megs of RAM is ample amounts, if your not running 2 dozen and a half apps at the same time ofcourse.
    The issue may be spyware on your system, which was loaded, installed when you installed whatever p2p app it was.
    Look on the forum for spyware removing tools. this might render that offending software useless once its packed helping apps are removed, so be warned of that.