Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Administrator

simply me

stivrex

Default help me connect to winmx

hi, im a student at a community college. i have a laptop that has wifi capability. i dont have internet access at home, i want to dl stuff from winmx and tried to while connected at school, but it never worked. i tried to get help from winmxhelp, but it never came up for me(?!). so, do i have to do something with a proxy server thingy or do i have to find out about the schools connection or what? any help is greatly appreciated.
    i should also add that im not a super computer guy, so please bear that in mind if you want to help.
    by the way, a guy recommended to me that i use limewire instead, that i wouldnt have the problems im having, what do you think?
    Last edited by stivrex; 09-22-2005 at 12:53 PM. Reason: forgot to add some stuff

Administrator

welcome to oldversion,firstly if you had read the post below yours then you would of seen that winmx is now shut down according to news on the internet,apparently no one has been able to connect for a couple of days,please read past postings on this subject and you will see that this has been covered before,most likely your scholl/college has blocked this type of software from being used on their connections and you could be in big trouble if you find a way round this,your best option would be to speak your head of IT or your head of year or even the principle to ask for permission and if its not allowed then accept that.when i get a moment i will search past posting and point you to a couple of threads containing more info.
    simply me

sike

Default Winmx solution

Check out this solution to be able to connect to the new winmx network :

http://www.agrreviews.com/modules/wf...p?articleid=31

sike

Default WinMx Connection Issues

Then check out this nice solution i found to be able to connect to the new winmx network

sike

Default solution

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sike

no need to add this to every winmx thread,this could be viewed as spamming.this is not a p2p forum never has been never will be
    simply me

yea but there is a WinMX patch going around that'll make it work again and to get around your school's system if they're blocking p2p, you could use a tunneling proxy (program) ..

gregrocko762

Default Problems

I’m on Comcast Internet and have not used WinMX for a few months try to log on but does not connect, thought it was my wireless hub so connected directly to modem but still nothing happening.
    Any suggestion?

Administrator

a shining example of why the forums have a search feature,this has been asked and answered before very recently.winmx pulled the plug a while back and therefore it no longer works, a couple recent threads had info on getting a new version that apparently still works,check through a few threads for winmx for the last month and you will find the answer on where to get it in them threads.
    simply me