Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default hooray, it worked!

I just wanted to say Thanks! I had downloaded WinMX version 4 per a recommendation I saw online but could not get it to connect to any servers. I followed your directions and it works fine. Thanks again!

CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Briandurant2002, my apologies for not replying earlier ...

To get connected to WinMX ...

1) Go here : http://mxpie.com/downloads.html

2) Click on Pie Automatic Installer

3) Hit Save and then save into a folder you call MXPatch 2.9

4) Run and install the MXPie Patch v2.9.exe from that folder

5) Go here : http://mxpie.com/downloads.html

6) Click on Mirror 2 of WinMX 3.53

7) Hit Save and save the winmx into a folder you call WinMX 3.53

8) Run and Install the WinMX353.exe from that folder

You should connect then. If you do not connect ... Hit Chat on your WinMX, hit continue, and at the black space right of Filter, copy and paste this room name : Vladd44 Help Channel_5F6505501A22 and hit Join ... there will be people there to help you get connected. Any problems, feel free to post again or email me at Sapphire@mebs.us

I will help you

Beta

Winmx is old skool and still running hmmm, I'm using to download music is Shareaza big free alot better then lime,kaz etc

Default The Patch.

Hello,
    Do you have a copy of the patch mentioned on one of the WinMX webpages? Or do you know where I can download this patch. I appreciate any help you can give me concerning this patch. My Username is Snapper384. Also Btrue2U@netsape.com
    Snapper384

Default The Patch.

Hello,
    Do you have a copy of the patch mentioned on one of the WinMX webpages? Or do you know where I can download this patch. I appreciate any help you can give me concerning this patch. My Username is Snapper384. Also Btrue2U@netsape.com This is the exact words used on the WinMX webpage: On September 13, 2005, Frontcode Technologies received a cease and desist letter from the RIAA asking them to implement filters to make it impossible for users to download copyrighted material from WinMX, or shut down. Under the threat of litigation, on September 21, 2005 the network and the WinMX homepage were confirmed offline.

WinMX users are suggested to either apply a patch which would connect them to a user-driven WinMX network.

Snapper384

Beta

Does winmx still work with older verisons? Upload/download?

Alright, now that I have WinMX working (v3.54 for those of you who are not aware that the latest free version is still up and running...) I've created my old chatroom & I remember how to put in the topic, but do I need rcms, or an applicable/similar program, to do things like put up a list of do's & don'ts at the top of the chatroom page? I thought you could add 'all' of that stuff just from the commands that WinMX gave you, given that you were able to create the room at all (i.e. primary connection). I looked up and down the chatlist and FXS and WCS seem to be the two mostly widely used, but are they any better than rcms or are they just different?

Thanks!

Ciao,
    Spookey

Default WinMX Help!

Just downloaded WinMx 3.31, when installing the program it was unable to make a outgoing TCP connection to its test servers. I do I get this to work? I have a cable connection

Default Winmx

I can not figure out why mine is not working any suggestions as to how i might get it to work? it just won't let me convert the .wma files to .mp3 files?

How do I do that?

Administrator

always read past postings for tips etc on problems,winmx was taken down a while back and this has already been covered here on the forum more than one work around to get it working was covered in a couple of previous threads.this could well be your problem,use the search button im sure your answer is already covered.
    simply me