Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Default Please Help!

Suddenly I cannot get connected to WinMX version 3.54. It says "Connecting" with the yellow bar showing but it never connects to green. I have no idea how to make it work so that I can use WinMX. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am basically a PC Moron. Many TIA.

Beecharmer

moved to existing thread
    Last edited by the gaffer; 11-20-2007 at 01:43 AM.

Administrator

always wise to search before posting as many such questions as in this case have been covered before and you also find things out quicker.
    full search results for winmx. http://www.oldversion.com/talk/searc...earchid=314789
    welcome to oldversion.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 11-20-2007 at 01:48 AM. Reason: sdded search results
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

I even have the WinMX patch and it is now not connecting. I have Comcast cable and it might very well be that Comcast is now blocking WinMX along with LimeWire/FrostWire, Bit-Torrent clients and other file sharing proggies that they have been blocking of recent. Some other ISP's are using the same leased technology to block these apps.

I haven't been happy with Comcast's service and rate hike(s) of recent. I'll be looking into other options very soon... Maybe AT&T Internet/Phone/Cable.

Default Can't connect WinMX as of 11/28. Using version 3.53 with patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beecharmer View Post
    Suddenly I cannot get connected to WinMX version 3.54. It says "Connecting" with the yellow bar showing but it never connects to green. I have no idea how to make it work so that I can use WinMX. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am basically a PC Moron. Many TIA.

Beecharmer

moved to existing thread
    As of 11/28, i can no longer connect to WinMX using version 3.53 with patch. Any ideas?

Administrator

zootopia pointed out he cannot connect and it may be down to service providers blocking p2p. you may get a better/quicker response with this at a filesharing forum such as http://www.p2pforums.com/
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

WinMX has been connecting again of late, but sometimes it will not... Hit and miss. I rarely use P2P proggies anyway... Mainly to download a song to give it a listen rather than rely on those low quality, short preview snippets they give you at such sites like amazon.

Default 3.54 beta 4 aint working

im not real techi here, so i dont really know if your supposed to change something in the setting>> so i dont know if i need to change port numbers or stuff>> coz it aint working its always on yellow never on green> i used to have win mx before and it just connected fine>
    but i dont rememebr what version> anyways point is>mine isnt working???
    help help help...
    can anyone post the correct settings...? nad how to do so?
    or is there a site that were supposed to go to...?
    thnx a buch
    iCe_rockz.
    please reply here ill just come back to check on it ayt! rock on \m/
    Last edited by the gaffer; 12-16-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: merged to existing thread

Default Auto patch

I`am using winmx 3.53 and run this patch every time if fails to connect seems to work
    real well. it`s automatic no need to do any thing just save the patch where you can find it.
    and run it when you need it.

http://www.mxpie.info/update.html

Default How do I get a patch for use of Winmx?

Is this site still up? How do I reconnect (New computer)?

THREADS MERGED
    Last edited by the gaffer; 02-26-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Administrator

welcome to oldversion,i merged this post into an existing thread,always a good start to search before posting it saves having to move posts around most things have been asked and answered before giving you a quicker answer.enjoy the forums.
    simply me