Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Gold

WinMX is not working I have been trying to get on WinMX for about 2 weeks and it's still not working .

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by briandurant2002
    WinMX is not working I have been trying to get on WinMX for about 2 weeks and it's still not working .
    you already stated this and repeating it will not magically make a response appear,perhaps someone will drop in that can help but be aware that many users here do not use p2p software,you could if you want, try a search at a dedicated filesharing forum such as www.p2pzone.com
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer
    you already stated this and repeating it will not magically make a response appear...
    No, It won't magically get answered by repeating it, but it does magically get the threads merged. Not too many posters seem to believe that posting into existing threads is a good notion. They would rather create their own than amend on top of an "old" one.

Yes, not many regulars here use P2P, maybe none of the "regulars" in fact. Even though the software is archived here, does not mean the Forum members use all those titles.

are folk actually still using these virus infected dud file flooded trojan carrying freak attracting no hope networks/i thought it was all dead and gone long since/if you want your pc full of crap that badly just remove the side and take a dump in it no need to download any

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer
    you already stated this and repeating it will not magically make a response appear,perhaps someone will drop in that can help but be aware that many users here do not use p2p software,you could if you want, try a search at a dedicated filesharing forum such as www.p2pzone.com

I went to that Forum and I did not see anything about WinMX at all I might have over looked it of something I'm not sure .

Default how to get winmx back

http://www.winmxisback.com/download.html

go here and get back to doing what we all like to do..

research' ing....

as a researcher you are allowed to do anything you want to.

Glad to help all; that need my notes... use for your own research , i allow full use of.
    Last edited by coyote233; 01-23-2006 at 10:49 PM.

Gold

WinMX is not working for me does it work for anyone here at this Forum ? Because it's still connecting . It has been doing that for about 2 hours and it's still connecting what is wrong with WinMX ?

Default Steps to get connected to WinMX ...

Briandurant2002, my apologies for not replying earlier ...

To get connected to WinMX ...

1) Go here : http://mxpie.com/downloads.html

2) Click on Pie Automatic Installer

3) Hit Save and then save into a folder you call MXPatch 2.9

4) Run and install the MXPie Patch v2.9.exe from that folder

5) Go here : http://mxpie.com/downloads.html

6) Click on Mirror 2 of WinMX 3.53

7) Hit Save and save the winmx into a folder you call WinMX 3.53

8) Run and Install the WinMX353.exe from that folder

You should connect then. If you do not connect ... Hit Chat on your WinMX, hit continue, and at the black space right of Filter, copy and paste this room name : Vladd44 Help Channel_5F6505501A22 and hit Join ... there will be people there to help you get connected. Any problems, feel free to post again or email me at Sapphire@mebs.us

I will help you
    Last edited by Sapphire; 03-18-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Default WinMX

Like a lot of people I was disappointed by the closure of WinMx. I saw a couple of sites where people said it was back up and running albeit a bit shaky as several hubs were being used and these were alternating to prevent any probs from 'The man'. I re-installed WinMx but can't connect. Am I chasing a dream, or is it out there somewhere and if so how do I join?

your not chasing a dream buddy ,your in one , standard practice on any forum is search before posting, if youde tried this you would of found threads already here about the same subject and answers as well as to how you can connect ,i dont know if they work because i dont use p2p (i pay 2 play )and not many members here use them either, if any. a highly recommended site for this type of problem is www.p2pzone.com where filesharers hangout.