Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

If you are like I am and are lacking in the "technical skills" department, but at the same time, miss using WinMX, there is a quick, easy and free solution it is called MXPIE. There is no spyware or anything else bundled with it. For those a little more savvy and courageous, there is even a manual option.

So come on back to WinMX, and download to your hearts content. Thanks to these updates, not even the power of the RIAA can stop a network.

IF you have downloaded WinMX and still cannot connect, you can even get personalized realtime help. Just go to this link WinMX Channels Copy the Room name appropriate for your Language and paste it into your WinMX chat screen, then press the Join Button. This works on version 3.53 and up even if you are not connected. It allows you to join into chatrooms set up for you to get immediate help.

Everything you need at the MXPIE Website Free and Spyware free.

I have also found a site for Computer problem that is nice, prompt and VERY helpful. If there is a problem you need an answer to, they can help.

Realtime help available for WinMX 3.53 users having trouble getting connected. Go to WinMX Channels.

Default WinMX Won't Let Me Download...

When I install it and when I pick my connection, I click next and it says " Sorry, Please Try Again " HELPP!!!!!

Default WinMx (P2P app)

i can't even get winmx to connect, this problem started about 2 months ago, i even downloaded other versions but no luck. i even checked the fire wall but no luck,
    can anyone help me out?

Administrator

try searching,if you cannot help yourself then perhaps others wont bother,this has been asked and covered before.
    simply me

Default need help connecting to winmx server ,,,,

ok ,, so i guess i have not tried to run this program in some time ,, cause i can't seem to connect ,, they told me to come here ,, so ,,, here i am ,, can i get a helping hand please ,,,, so much new music out there to listen to ,,,, ,, ok ,, so i have version 3.53 up and running ,, but all i am getting is a flashing yellow light ,,, ok ,, now i will leave it to you guys please ,,,, HELP !!!!!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eskippyca
    ok ,, so i guess i have not tried to run this program in some time ,, cause i can't seem to connect ,, they told me to come here ,, so ,,, here i am ,, can i get a helping hand please ,,,, so much new music out there to listen to ,,,, ,, ok ,, so i have version 3.53 up and running ,, but all i am getting is a flashing yellow light ,,, ok ,, now i will leave it to you guys please ,,,, HELP !!!!!!
    you really need to search before posting mate,winmx was shut down a while back and since there has been questions and answers as to how to connect,i dont personally use p2p stuff but have read postings about this recently,always add to an existing thread where possible and whilst looking for such threads many people find the answer they wanted anyway and it keeps all relevent information together.
    simply me

Default WinMX Help Please...

I'm new here and been having trouble with winmx v3.53..at first when I was doing the application it asked me some questions I did not understand what they were about..so I just say yes for everything....now that I've been trying to log in to the network, it just flashes the yellow bar...for connecting..but it's not cause I've had it for 5 minutes and nothing works.....do I need a certain program for it to work???

If i wasn't supposed to post this here..sorry. I didn't know where to post it.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by rockst2r; 05-06-2006 at 03:39 PM.

Administrator

it is always advised to search before posting,im sure this has been covered before more than once,read through a few winmx threads http://www.oldversion.com/talk/searc...earchid=104433
    simply me

Default which post has the answer ??

OK, I searched and still can not find the answer to my question. I could really use some help.
    My original question is:

I downloaded WinMX v2.6, then downloaded the patch, have closed and re-opened WinMX, but it keeps saying my server list is empty and asks if I want to download a list of servers.

I say yes, and get a screen with the Peer Networking protocol, and a high and low band protocol statement. When I put my cursor on the High Capacity Network line, some options appear, and I have clicked on Connect All, but nothing happens. I move the cursor over to Update, and something quickly appears and disappears.

How do I get a list of servers and start downloading?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer
    you really need to search before posting mate,winmx was shut down a while back and since there has been questions and answers as to how to connect,i dont personally use p2p stuff but have read postings about this recently,always add to an existing thread where possible and whilst looking for such threads many people find the answer they wanted anyway and it keeps all relevent information together.