Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Photoshop users free alternative

GIMPshop is a modification of the free/open source GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), intended to replicate the feel of Adobe Photoshop. Its primary purpose is to make users of Photoshop feel comfortable using GIMP ... GIMPshop modifies the menu structure to closely match Photoshop's, adjusts the program's terminology to match Adobe's,..While GIMPshop does not support Photoshop plugins, all GIMP's own plugins, filters, brushes, etc. remain available.
    Due to the changes to the interface, many Photoshop tutorials can be followed in GIMPshop unchanged, and most others can be adapted for GIMPshop users with minimal effort.
    Photo shop gimp

Super Moderator

I've been recommending "The GIMP" for years. As I have been using it for several years. I use it under GNU/Linux and the BSD's as well as on my new Intel iMac.

Alittle UI change might appeal to newer users of Photoshop. As "The GIMP's" UI is very similar to Photoshop of years gone by.