Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default aim513036.exe with newly reported trojan

I've downloaded AIM 5.13036 from this site a handful of times from this site in the last couple years, but the last time I downloaded it the installation failed half way in, when KAV caught it dropping a trojan. A trojan from an OV.com file? Yeah right, must be a false positive..right? Well, it doesn't appear so (and if it was, other people would be reporting it right and left). I looked up the supposed trojan detected, and it looks like it was added to the KAV database as recently as October 2006.

I haven't checked the same file downloaded on other machines (before October 2006), but I am going to give it a check. I also have not tried any other AIM version since this. I did search the forums, and haven't seen this issue come up. Anyone know anything?

http://www.viruslist.com/en/search?V...qh&referer=kav

I'm removing the file just to be safe for now. Please get back to us with your findings.

http://www.oldversion.com/download/aim513036x.exe for anyone who wants to download and scan it. I'm going to check with multiple virus programs. I'm pretty sure it's a false positive, but better be safe then sorry.
    Last edited by OldVersion.com Admin; 01-07-2007 at 03:52 PM.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

I wish people could screen shot this while download is happening, this webpage open so we get the hint. This could be so false he could have got it 2 days ago just ignore it, Or KAv is so bad off just waited for download so it would alert it pick up something.

Honest I'm not really judgen you but come on prove it at leaste.

Did you get trojan as soon u came to this site
    Did you get troajn once you downloaded file
    Did you get trojan after download completed
    Did you get trojan when installing

If it's last 2 then it was already in your system KAV just notice it hmmmmmm ehh

If it's first 2 then congrats.

But this trojan is related to downloader sooooo you must have already had it before KAV can notice

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ABlix View Post
    I'm removing the file just to be safe for now. Please get back to us with your findings.

http://www.oldversion.com/download/aim51306x.exe for anyone who wants to download and scan it. I'm going to check with multiple virus programs. I'm pretty sure it's a false positive, but better be safe then sorry.
    download link is not working for me alex,i get a 404 error, page cannot be displayed.if you sort the link i will download and scan it also.
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

The file appears to be clean. It has not been modified for over a year, so the trojan could not have been added to it recently.

I am not sure why it is giving you problems, but I would suggest trying to download it on a different computer and see what happens.

Beta

File not working as of yet. Not important to me just to whom cares ehh lolol

Administrator

file can be downloaded via the main page,ive downloaded installed and scanned it on 3 different pcs no problem using several different apps.it would be nice if dummy1 could get back to us with the name of the so called trojan etc.
    simply me

Beta

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    it would be nice if dummy1 could get back to us with the name of the so called trojan etc.
    Hmm I think it's in the url at the end of his message ^^

Also, here are the results of a scan using multiple AV softwares... so it seems obvious it must have been a false positive.

Administrator

sure must be a false positive,it appears the virus appeared sept/oct time 2006 and igor said the file hasnt been altered in the last 12 months so obviously a false positive,seems the op has no more problems or has it sorted anyway as he hasnt replied anymore.
    simply me

Actually, I tried it on both of my machines, and then went back and took a flash vid of it, anticipating the response, then kinda forgot. When I'd scan the actual file, it wouldn't pick up anything, just during the install. Who knows.. sorry I got sidetracked. It's not a big deal unless other people are getting it too, just a heads up. Thanks for lookin into it, anyone who took the time.

"Did you get trojan as soon u came to this site" - no
    "Did you get troajn once you downloaded file" - no, same question as below
    "Did you get trojan after download completed" - no, during install only
    "Did you get trojan when installing" Yes..I said that originally.
    Last edited by dummy1; 01-20-2007 at 12:40 AM.