Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen_RRF View Post
    this may be a stupid suggestion or one you already tried but, have you tried a System Restore ? Sometimes your puter needs a kick in the behind to get it back to normal
    Colleen
    no such thing as a stupid suggestion when its one that could cure a problem and one that often people do not bother trying.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

Default gdi

yes.. go* dammit.. i had just reformatted my computer 2 days ago.. i installed yahoo messenger 7 [since 6.1922 isnt serviced by yahoo anymore] and i got ANOTHER SCRIPTING ERROR.. im almost certain its the same exact problem as before but didnt view the page i did that caused the problem before
    HELP

Beta

well can't help you if you dont give more detail, when that error comes up take screen shot of it hit print scrn that takes screen shot

Administrator

better still if the program is giving that much trouble and obviously you are unable to resolve it with help etc,then try an alternative program,locustfurnace has listed many programs here on the forums,if it is as i suspect a conflict of different software you have installed then it will just keep happening.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

but i like yahoo messenger
    and i had installed the same cds that i did last time and didnt have a problem starting out..
    i think it is web based.. but i havent visited the same sites from last time.. at least not some minor site that is more likely to send a virus.. but what i dont get is how does a script dig into the computer therefore effecting messenger
    and the error is what i posted in a previous post.. check 2 pages ago

Administrator

people here have given many different tips and hints on fixing the problem,you have formatted and started again and still having the errors,web based depends on what sites you are visiting,if you visit dodgy site such as warez sites etc then you will run into problems.same as people downloading cracks etc.i am not saying you do at all but just giving an instance of web based stuff that cause problems.obviously here members have done what they can and you still have the problem occuring.perhaps you should contact yahoo and ask for their views or look up a dedicated yahoo forum to see if anyone else can shed some light on it.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

if you do a search [most likely at yahoo answers] you will find that over the past months many people have had a problem with script errors.. so its not my fault.. or that its a slightly older version.. or the sites i visit [maybe maybe not].. but YAHELLS fault

Beta

Yahoo requires flash in some part of the program so update your flash http://www.webmasterfree.com/Adobe_F...r_9_d7228.html

These cds you know when you copy to disc they are read-only files and you install direct from cd, I would copy file from cd and paste to harddrive then install, After that right click on file uncheck read only and check archive.

Pretty soon maybe might ding off older versions of messager they know how you connect and what version you have sooner or later 6.0 to 7.5 not gonna be able to use services.

I view yahoo answers daily all there questions are 8.1 I have only seen few questions how to get older version of yahoo.

LOL dont waste time over there like I do mostly all questions today are myspace myspace gez for teens that blog site, passwords too omg I forgot myspace password hmmmm why you post that here on yahoo it's related to myspace not yahoo

Administrator

yahoo naswers is a site for general posting on anything from rockets to knitting needles,i visit it quite regular and some of the answers posted are ridiculous and lots just post to get their counts up with info thats far off the mark but hey if the answer you give is meaningless then whats it matter when you get 2 points just for posting,if you want a dedicated forum for messengers then just google it.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

ok.. 98 what you typed was pretty close to illegible.. thats not good when trying to help people
    and regarding yahoo answers you have to look for anything regarding script errors.. it may not be in the same category and may not be in the past two days.. it couldve been 2 weeks ago or 10months ago

and gaffer and 98.. i didnt not bring up yahoo answers to debate on point gaming people.. i merely mentioned it as proof that i am no longer the complete idiot.. and am not the only one this has happened too.. so somewhere out there there must be a way to solve this problem because i never had this problem until lately with any version of messenger.. it doesnt matter if its 8.1 or 5.3