Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default winMX download accelerator

I've been looking for ways to enhance my download speeds and increase the number of sources I find. That's when I came across a download accelerator.

My questions are:

1. Do these things actually work?

2. If they do, and anybody is familiar with them: I get an error when I try to run them, that say "winMX is not installed." I've installed it. I've checked to see if I have the right version: I do. I've done everything that I could think of. Is there a solution?

3. Is there any other way to increase the sources I find?

Sorry for all the questions...
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Administrator

personally think they are a waste of time mate the only good feature i found with them was the resume download ability if you got disconnected from your dial up,but that is really not an issue for those on anything other than dial up,(for standard downloads that is).same applies to winmx so called accelerators,you will not increase the number of sources you find by using an eccelerator,p2p is just that peer to peer,the number of sources you find is dependent on the number of people using winmx at the time,nothing will increase this volume unless more people are using it.same goes for download speeds your best bet is look through the search results and look for those on fast connections which will obviously be able to upload to you quicker.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 01-15-2007 at 10:19 AM.
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

I have tryed just last week this winmx and all I know it's dead, And unsure of why that file is on site when there is no such services to it as of today.

I can see now if there was still support for it but I check around. Maybe I'm going wrong places for it don't know.

I'm happy with Shareaza

Administrator

for winmx help there is a dedicated site for winmx find it in this thread. http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showt...ighlight=winmx
    simply me

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by runa View Post
    I've been looking for ways to enhance my download speeds and increase the number of sources I find. That's when I came across a download accelerator.

My questions are:

1. Do these things actually work?
    Yes they do. I've been using Download Accelerator Plus 5.3.9.6 for a number of years. They are great if you only have dialup, you don't have to start downloading from scratch.

Beta

Yes Download Accelerator Plus 5.3.9.6 is not bad I still got 5.0 uninstall that last format about 2 years ago

Administrator
    simply me