Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Gator

Default Gator

I've been searching for this program for quite some time now, including trying to find an old version of any program that it might come bundled with.

Although I am aware of the spyware present in the software, I need to use this to restore some old passwords from my gator file. Any alternative software won't work, as they can only import passwords from un-encrypted gator files.

Does anyone know ehre I might get a hold of a copy of Gator or an old version of a program that would come with it bundled (like kazaa)?

Beta

gator.com takes you here http://www.claria.com/gainexit/. Gator was best talk about with the spy bugs it cause back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by alfdaur View Post
    Gator, where to find it...
    If this wont serve you I could possibly upload a later version, not withstanding my signature/username ;)
    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000012160 like it says info + download
    file name: gator10.exe

In future please read/follow pinned topics and post in correct forum

Quote Originally Posted by Goslow View Post
    If this wont serve you I could possibly upload a later version, not withstanding my signature/username
    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000012160 like it says info + download
    file name: gator10.exe

In future please read/follow pinned topics and post in correct forum
    thanks, but that version still relies on downloading the application from the server (its one of those download client thingies... and the gator server does not host the server-part of the app anymore..)

I noticed I was in the wrong place after i had posted, but i figured id just make things worse if i double posted :P.

if anyone would be able to supply/subtly point me in the right direction of a full gator install that would be much appreciated. thanks again goslow!

alfdaur.

Release Candiate 1

You would be much better off with Robo Form that Gator.
    I think the present version will allow you up to 25 passwords before you have to purchase it. I bought the paid versin several years ago. It it well worth it.

www.roboform.com

Don't take my word for it, here is what Fred Langa says:
    § “"I like the idea of RoboForm that you mentioned in the Jan. 4 issue, except I feel a little weak in the knees when I think of turning over the passwords to the software. If it is generating the passwords, then I must rely on it to enter them because I will never remember them (or even know them). I don't know if I can give up the control of my secrets."
    I felt the same way when I first started using RoboForm, David. Actually, I'd feel the same way about using any such software (not just RoboForm) for the first time. First, I'd wonder if the software publisher was legit, or whether it was perpetrating a huge scam to harvest users' sensitive data. And next, like you, I'd wonder about the safety of relying on software for my passwords and other information.

But RoboForm's publisher, Siber Systems, has now been in business for a dozen years, and RoboForm has over a million users. Clearly, this isn't some fly-by-night false-front organization.

And you'll be glad to hear that RoboForm isn't a black box. While it's running, you can see any login, password, or other information you've entered in plain, unencrypted form. You always have access to everything you've entered into RoboForm.

RoboForm's files are encrypted on your hard drive in a location of your choosing, so you can include everything in your routine backups. (You do make backups, right?) Once you've backed up your RoboForm data along with all your other sensitive or important files, including a backup copy of the RoboForm software itself, you can rest easy. Even if your PC melts itself into slag, all your login and password information will be safe and recoverable!

And note: While RoboForm is the focus here, the same general principles apply so other, similar password utilities. As long as the company is sound, the software gives you easy access to your data, and a convenient method of backing up that data is provided, you can use the tool without undue worry”

LangaList Tips
    by Fred Langa
    Windows Secrets Newsletter • Issue 91 • 2007-01-11
    Last edited by LRI41; 01-29-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRI41 View Post
    You would be much better off with Robo Form that Gator.
    I think the present version will allow you up to 25 passwords before you have to purchase it. I bought the paid versin several years ago. It it well worth it.
    I dont need a password manager, i need this specific application to extract passwords from an encoded gator file. and roboform is useless in this respect, as it does not support encoded gator files. thanks anyway

Here are all my archived Gator installers they may or may not contain a web installer component to complete installation,I haven't tested them, you're welcome to try them and report back to this thread.

File: GatorMiniSetup.exe
    Size: 164 KB
    Download jump through hoops: Click Here no pics coookies scripting required

File: setup.exe
    Size: 684.06 KB
    Download jump through hoops: Click Here no pics coookies scripting required

File: GatorFullSetup.exe
    Size: 4.03 MB
    Download jump through hoops : Click Here Doesn't require pics or scripting however you will need to enable cookies to retrieve the file from this site.

Release Candiate 1

Open that file with notepad or wordpad you should be able to view the passwords in it. That would save you alot of time try that.

Default gator

I am also looking to try and retrieve my encrypted passwords from gator.
    Did/does anyone have a successful download file to run gatormini?