Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Release Candiate 1

Default 4 Most Important Tools To Have On Your Computer

As of today there are only 4 good freebie tools I believe every home user should have installed on there computer.

AVG Free < I use to love norton 2000,2001 however one day came across another website allow me to run free virus scan so I did it, And what do you know norton never detected a virus but this site did. I uninstall norton never went back. So I ask around from other message boards alot said avg is free and good. So that's me avg pick up few things ohh yea thats me ever since.

Ad-Aware SE Personal < I can't rememeber how I got into Ad-Aware SE Personal but it's still today well talked about.

Spybot - Search & Destroy < this was also well known and still is today.

EasyCleaner < Now I remember how I got this, I tryed so many other free disk cleanup tools and back then cnet was the only good site to look for stuff to clean up, everyone I try was trial use finally came across this handy tool.

Other things run ad-adware and spyboat and easy clearner once a week this is how I do mine in order

Easy clearner
    Ad-aware
    spyboat
    Reboot computer into safe mode
    Run disk defrag every 2 weeks is good

Administrator

spybot,adaware, old news they have been covered here many many times, good programs but the best way is to avoid getting infected in the first place.avg as you mention for antivirus also do a free spyware checker/blocker obviously prevention is better than a cure.with regards to easy cleaner also useful but shouldnt need to be run that often unless you install uninstall many programs and delete loads of files regularly.as far your order of running these apps it would make more sense to run adaware and spybot before running easy cleaner and defrag once a month.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 2000 SP4 View Post
    As of today there are only 4 good freebie tools I believe every home user should have installed on there computer.
    Just to add alittle jab. This should read, "installed on their Microsoft Windows computer.

As this is not important to Mac's or those running BSD or GNU/Linux.

Beta

I'm pretty sure no question there is more windows systems users here then the odd macs

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 98SE View Post
    I'm pretty sure no question there is more windows systems users here then the odd macs
    LOL LOL there usually is on a windows forum DUH
    simply me