Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Help me understand this site, please!

I have downloaded ACDsee8. When I finished I got a block that said it was good for 30 days and then would be offered a chance to purchase it. Will this software stop in that 30 day "Trial" period? I had to list it as a Trail because I had no code number to input. Please let me know what I can expect here. Thanks very much.

Beta

It's a trial version nothing more or less, if you like you can buy it from the company, files listed here are date back way back when old versions, If you do like the software try getting updated version from the company website.

Default Questions about site.

I have now gotten two answers...one saying I have just a trial offer that will end and the other saying I have free going. Which is it? I found that I did finally get a code to input so I removed the first download and re downloaded ACDsee8 and input the code given so I did not have to show it as a trail...but it still says I have 28 days on my trial!
    I have ACDsee3.1.... if I have to buy ACDsee9 (As #8 is not available for sale) can I get the update or will I have to purchase the entire deal? I thought this site was free stuff...am I wrong? Really puzzled now.

Administrator

as stated already,this site deals with shareware.freeware and trial software.if you install and it says you have 28 days to register then it will not work after 28 days unless you purchase it from the developers.oldversion are not the developers the software is only archived here.if you need software for a specific and are unable or unwilling to but it from the makers of the title then you could always ask in the requests section,there is nearly always a freeware alternative that will not expire.
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

I never seen 28 day trial software most are 30 days month

Super Moderator

I believe the_gaffer's use of the numbers, 28, is only a hypothetical number.
    Many shareware titles are 30days, some are even 14 days (14x2=28). Considering that a week is 7 days, 4 weeks would be 28days. So in reality, 30days could be considered generous.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    I believe the_gaffer's use of the numbers, 28, is only a hypothetical number.
    Many shareware titles are 30days, some are even 14 days (14x2=28). Considering that a week is 7 days, 4 weeks would be 28days. So in reality, 30days could be considered generous.
    totally correct locust,i wasnt going to rise to it it was just a dig.i went for any number as some titles as you say have 14,28,30 and some recent ones i have used/been using go for a 40 days trial.
    simply me