Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beta

I'm asking for the source of his "information". Like an antivirus comparative that would clearly state which one of these two programs is less performant.

Super Moderator

Since I personally do not have any need for Anti-Virus software I do not keep track of these applications.
    But when I do have to scan someone else's computer. I use F-prot. As it can be run via DOS or from GNU/Linux. To me, this would make it more "effective" for what I need it for.
    Most anti-virus software becomes useless if you can not load the OS to run the scanner. Any software that depends (and hopes) you can load the OS before you can scan what may be infected losses a lot of points to me.

Default Zebra VirusCleaner is a good software.

We all known that quite a few spammers make big bucks by offering software like antivirus, antispyware or hard drive utilities whose main function is to either spy on the user or spam him. In case that you are still looking for an antivirus solution I recommend Zebra VirusCleaner(softreg.com) which is developed by a professional team. I have been using it for some time now and have not encountered serious issues as of now.It has other versions, for linux, for smartphone.Z

Release Candiate 1

Yea sure, whatever.

Administrator

now where did i read that before ?? oh yeah i remember deviantART forum and several other places .are you the guy that got banned from the comodo forums
    Last edited by the gaffer; 11-14-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: fixed typos
    simply me

From their site:

Active Virus Shield is no longer available. and they offer now McAfee® Virus Scan Plus-Special.

It seems to be nothing. Anyway if you are looking for free Av then is Grisoft with AVG probably best one and for commercial product i would recommend Kaspersky or F-secure.