Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Cool Edit Pro Help

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about Cool Edit Pro I was hoping I could get some help with.

I am trying to use Cool Edit to record the streaming archives of a radio station onto my computer.

I know this is possible but one little thing is holding me up.

I know I have to run the ouput from the stereo out or headphone out back
    into the stereo in, so I use a 1/8" cable. I plug it in, press record on Cool Edit and start streaming the radio show I want, but when I play it back it has A HUGE AMOUNT of static…it sounds awful.

I have tried reversing the cord plug-ins as well as many different sample rates, but nothing seems to work. It sounds fine when I simply stream the radio onto my computer though.

I am very frustrated about this. Is it a simple Cool Edit setting that I have wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Taybot

Super Moderator

Could be a few possible issues, such as a dirty input port. Might want to clean it out with some WD-40 on a Q-tip.
    The cable could be picking up AC noise, if it is close to the computers Power Supply unit. If you is near any AC cables, make sure you cross those cables. or move them as far as possible not to pick up this AC line noise.

if you have a second sound card, could try using that. one card for CoolEdit, the other for the streaming program.

Another might be to use a program designed to capture streams.