Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default How to use skyp properly?

Sorry but it would've taken me forever to figure out how to properly use skype. Recently purchased skype from Walmart (yes I noez shockerz!) and well downloaded the olderversion but then decided to upgrade since my laptop runs Vista...

But which is better the older version or the newer version of skype, because simply want to be able to call for free without ACTUALLY having to purchase any credit in order to call from my computer. Thanks!

Super Moderator

If you make Skype to Skype calls, then the calls are free. If you want to make a Skype to landline call, then you will need to purchase minutes.

Newer version seem more reliable than older. Some older versions will no longer connect.

Yes Free calls to landlines ended in January....

I wouldnt use that anyway... (Skype call to landline)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Yes Free calls to landlines ended in January....

I wouldnt use that anyway... (Skype call to landline)
    Why not? I have a friend who calls me from Scottland using Skype. have no problems with sound quality.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    Why not? I have a friend who calls me from Scottland using Skype. have no problems with sound quality.
    never been a problem here either a couple of friends call me via skype as well.locust you say scottland ? wheres that or is the double T a typo ?
    simply me