Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Digital Research CBASIC

This is an old DR version of a BASIC variant. I still use it coz i'm too old to learn the new languauges. Unfortunately DR stopped supporting it about 1982. So it knows nothing about Windows, networks, diretories etc. Some people wrote updated LIBRARIES for CBASIC, but again they all seem to have disappeared of the net. One was MINNOW BEAR; another was a GERMAN software house. Anybody got any of their software?

Beta

Now that is some old stuff ^^'
    I can't help in any way with this, but please, follow the guidelines on how to request an app in the sticky

Super Moderator

As the site can only offer Shareware/Trialware and considering the age and nature of your request, it is unlikely the software falls under this category.

But if you post the necessary info, this may be helpful in researching if DR has released this software for public use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBASIC
    CBASIC is a compiled version of the BASIC programming language written for the CP/M operating system by Gordon Eubanks in 1976–77. It is an enhanced version of BASIC-E, his master's thesis project.

BASIC-E was developed by Eubanks for Gary Kildall's new CP/M operating system while both men were at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA. Because it was developed at public expense, BASIC-E is in the public domain and cannot be commercially marketed. Seymour Rubinstein, the marketing director of IMSAI contacted Eubanks and asked him to create a saleable version under contract for the IMSAI 8080 microcomputer. Eubanks developed CBASIC in his spare time while he was still a naval officer stationed on the submarine USS George Washington at Vallejo, California. He retained joint ownership of the program with IMSAI, and sold the program through his own company, Compiler Systems, until it was acquired by Digital Research in 1981.
    Last edited by locustfurnace; 04-27-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Default cbasic compiler

I was just looking myself if Minnow Bear Basic was still in business.

As a 25-year user of Cbasic I purchased the Mwbasic (MB86.EXE) compiler form Mike Nunamaker (last contact minnow@minnow.com) of Minnow Bear Computers several years ago. I enables me to translate cbasic source code into the c language which then compiles with a standard c compiler and linker to create the required executable programme files.

Would you believe that I continue to use this language for commercial benefit to this day?!

Naturall I still retain original copies of the Cbasic compiler for CP/M, CB86 and DOS, as well as the MB86 programme set.

I am not sure as to the legality of passing any of these ancient products to others so it might be best for you to try and track Mike Nunamaker down for a copy of MB86.

It is an excellent product