Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks!

myles

I'd just like to say thank you to the site owners, for such a good idea, packaged within a functional and pleasing design.

It took ages for me to find (just a reference to) internet explorer 1.0 on microsoft's own web site.
    with your site it took... er... about 12 seconds.

I'm a designer who needs to be able to test my sites for minimum spec, so older versions are essential.

much appreciated, if you need any help, let me know.

mylesanderson@anytimenow.com

Thank you for your comments. We don't archive more recent browsers because of the massive filesize, however if you'd like them I point you to http://browsers.evolt.org/

They have an amazing browser archive.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Originally posted by ABlix@Feb 25 2003, 09:35 AM
    ...http://browsers.evolt.org/

They have an amazing browser archive.
    Yeah, I found NCSA's Mosaic there. Mosaic is the browser that Microsoft Internet Explorer was based on. The latest version of Mosaic is 3.0.

Beta

In Internet Explorer 6's about box, in the update versions section, why does it say SP1 when you already have that version?

Beta

Originally posted by SSS@Feb 28 2003, 08:14 PM
    In Internet Explorer 6's about box, in the update versions section, why does it say SP1 when you already have that version?

There are actually 2 versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6:[*]Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0[*]Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1

SP1 is the most recent version that has all of the patches. If anyone is reading this and wants to update their version of Windows, visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

SP - Service Pack
    SR - Service Release

Beta

Originally posted by lightsup55+Feb 28 2003, 09:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lightsup55 @ Feb 28 2003, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SSS@Feb 28 2003, 08:14 PM
    In Internet Explorer 6&#39;s about box, in the update versions section, why does it say SP1 when you already have that version?

There are actually 2 versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6:[*]Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0[*]Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1

SP1 is the most recent version that has all of the patches. If any is reading this and wants to update their Windows computer, visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

SP - Service Pack
    SR - Service Release [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but why is SP1 using in the update versions section?

Beta

Originally posted by SSS@Feb 28 2003, 11:13 PM
    I don&#39;t know. I guess that is what they wanted to do.

Beta

Originally posted by lightsup55+Feb 28 2003, 10:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lightsup55 @ Feb 28 2003, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SSS@Feb 28 2003, 11:13 PM
    I don&#39;t know. I guess that is what they wanted to do. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, they must of screwed up.

Originally posted by SSS+Mar 1 2003, 12:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SSS @ Mar 1 2003, 12:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -lightsup55@Feb 28 2003, 10:24 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--SSS
    @Feb 28 2003, 11:13 PM

Yeah, they must of screwed up. [/b][/quote]
    Um, SP1 is an update
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Originally posted by ABlix+Mar 1 2003, 12:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ABlix @ Mar 1 2003, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -SSS@Mar 1 2003, 12:23 AM
    Originally posted by -lightsup55@Feb 28 2003, 10:24 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--SSS
    @Feb 28 2003, 11:13 PM

Yeah, they must of screwed up.
    Um, SP1 is an update [/b][/quote]
    I already have SP1. Is the Update Versions section for a version you have or a version you don&#39;t have?