Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Good mIRC version?

I am looking for a good version of mIRC to use for my trivia bot. I didn't mind buying/registering my normal copy of mIRC, but the bot is going to be moved from comp to comp fairly often, and the OS of its normal host comp gets reinstalled from time to time, so registering mIRC each time would be a pretty big annoyance. It would be kind of suspicious for the same registration to get reused that often. The bot is also set to run nearly invisibly, so it doesn't annoy the guy that hosts it for me. (It launches minimized from a shortcut in the startup folder and connects itself automatically.) So any version that expires after 30 days, has a nag window at launch, or occasionally launches a browser window to ask you to buy it is out.

So, out of the versions 6.03 and older, particularly the 5.* versions, which has the fewest fatal bugs/exploits? I was thinking I'd use the last 5.* version on this site, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone knew better.

(I have searched for a good comparison of versions and not found one, and I'm sure the mIRC people would just be like, "register! register!" if I asked them.)

Welcome to the site!!!!!

I dont know many people that like Bots,im dunno.........

I would think any version of Mirc would work though.....

Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I dont know many people that like Bots,im dunno.........
    Don't worry, it's a trivia bot, not a spam bot or anything. It already has a channel to call home, so it's not like I'll show up in some random place and go 'here is my trivia bot, play with it.'