Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default Im a dummy, HELP please with MSN Live Messenger

Hello and thank you in advace for reading this.

My problem..... I had the older version of MSN Chat, it was great, I had LOADS of saved emoticons and winks. I was prompted to upgrade to new version. Now, Ive lost my emoticons, and I had hundreds!!! But....... get this..... if Im chatting to someone and I see an emoticon I knew I had, I figure, Ill downoad it off them and when I do, my puter says I have them already, but when I use that word-link to get the emoticon,its not there! Im totally exasperated, I dont like this new version and I miss my emoticons dearly!

I have the most recent version of Windos Messenger Live, vut would like to get back my older version, but, I dont know which one it was and I dont un derstand all to well how it will affect my contacts, etc.... and what do I do first, delete old version, install new, what???

Pleae help!RIta

Administrator

hi rita, have you tried the system restore on your pc,if you know when you installed the new messenger it may take it back to the previous version if you restore to just before that update.
    simply me

Gold

HEllo, thanks, yes, I have considered this, but its been a while, and I cant remember when I upgraded..... do you think Il lose info if I just go back and search for the older version and re-install it?...or should I write all my contacts down first and then add them on again???

Rita

Administrator

hi rita ,windows often marks restore points as (instaled - - - - ) when it creates them,if it is created prior to installing a program,you could start system restore and just click along to see if such a restore point was made.as far as your contacts,if you open messenger then you can click on contacts at the top then select save contacts list and it allows you to save it in a file of your choice.i would also advise checking past threads on messengers as many have had problems when trying to change back to an older version.
    simply me