Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Edit Pro

Jeremy

Default Cool Edit Pro

Im looking for any old versions of CoolEdit 2000. If you have it please email it to me RainMusicJA@CS.com

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Grandma (moderator)

About Cool Edit

The disadvantage with Cool Edit 2000 and later versions is that the ”save function” expires after 30 days and you have to register the program.
    There is a very old shareware version of Cool Edit from 1996, Cool Edit 1.53. The limitations in this version is that it is only possible to choose 2 functions at a time (like the current versions), in reality the save function and one of the other options. Then the program must be restarted. This very small program has the most important functions of the modern versions of Cool Edit, e.g. normalize, noise reduction, zooming, recording and much more.
    In this shareware the save function doesn’t expire, you can use it as long as you wish and it can be run on older computers. I used this program earlier.

Here are some links
    ftp://195.113.144.229/MultiMedia/Video-TV...ows/cool153.zip
    ftp://194.119.128.137/pub/win16bit/non_in...dit/cool153.zip
    ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/sound/cool153.zip
    ftp://papa.indstate.edu/winsock-l/WWW-Bro...ers/cool153.zip
    http://sunsite.rediris.es/mirror/winsock-l...ers/cool153.zip

Beta

I didn't know that. I still use CoolEdit 2002 (unregistered and the save/mp3 function had expired).

Super Moderator

Do to one of the built-in features of CoolEdit, it is POSSIBLE to use ALL features at anytime, no matter which 2 functions you have enabled.
    Years back when I used CoolEdit 1.5x, I got tired of just the 2 functions. If I wanted to record, that was a function, plus SAVE was an function, but I needed to save my work, re-open CoolEdit, pick the other 2 functions, then work on it, it was a pain, So, I looked at all the options of CoolEdit, and discovered that the scripting mode, allowed one to record ANY function.

So I made scripts for each function, shut down CoolEdit, then loaded it back with 2 diferent functions again, made more scripts, saved it and reloaded with 2 more options. After a while I had saved every single function that is disabled on start-up, and could now be used regardless of the 2 functions one picked at load time.

Basically CoolEdits own ability's, turned a shareware verison into a full version. Now thats one big plus of CoolEdit's old versions. You are still using the shareware version, (and staying legal), and the functions are still disabled in the drop down list, but if you pick and run a script. it can do and permit access to those functions that are not enabled at start-up. Ofcourse this is not as simple as if you purchase the full version, but I dont think the old version can still be purchased.
    I find the old version great for beginners of digitial editing, do to the speed and simplicity.

aafuss

no use in using-its been discntinued by the new owners Adobe-now its pro version is called Audition and is $100

Super Moderator

Originally posted by aafuss@Aug 30 2003, 12:03 AM
    no use in using-its been discntinued by the new owners Adobe-now its pro version is called Audition and is $100
    I would guess that would be a very GOOD reason to use a product, since it has been discontinued. Just because a product is discontinued does not make the software title useless, and not worth using. Lots of people on this forum ask for Wordperfect for DOS, thats discontinued.
    If you are saying this because there will no longer be tech support. i dont base using a product on tech support since i have never had to ask for tech support for an application. Programs are not too dificult to figure out. Cool Edit is not hard to use at all. if you can not figure it out, then don't use it and use something else.

But your comment goes against the whole idea of this site. Which is to find old software no longer supported by the creators. Cool Edit is a perfect example of a title no longer even under the same author, which was sole creator named David "something", then he created Syntrillium then he sold it to Adobe or was bought out or whatever. I guess Adobe fills the pressure of needing a good audio app to add to its collection now. Thats ok if they will no longer keep it under development since there is always Two Tone's - "Cakewalk", or the Free "Audacity" or Sonic Foundry's - "Sound Forge" or Digidesign's - "Pro Tools", the no longer developed "SAW PRO" and alot more titles.

Someone please tell me where I can find these, and if you actually have them, please post them here on the board...

Goslow unplugged

Hello
    Have you read & understood the pinned topic.
    If you have trouble with it please explain, thanks
    Pinned: How To Request An App
    please read before posting requests
    --------------------------------
    BIG
    BLUE If you don't like those kinds of thrills wait until the software is "out of" beta.

Super Moderator

As GoSlow has noted, please read the pinned topic, as it will benefit you and us; the ones that seek files, on finding and fulfilling your requests.

Originally posted by Cool Edit Pro is now Adobe Audition@ http://www.adobe.com/special/product...ntrillium.html
    Adobe Systems Incorporated acquired the technology assets of Syntrillium Software in May 2003. On August 18th, 2003 Adobe released a rebranded version of Cool Edit Pro 2.1 as Adobe Audition software.

3rd party Plug-ins
    you might want to also check out the other audio editors posted here
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...6&hl=audiosuite