Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Norton '07 Problems

Please help me, i'm not v ery techy wen it comes to pcs and i have been having lots of problems with norton recently. Firstly when i run live update the whole thing looks like it is running fine but when it finishes it says it was unable to update norton antivirus, even though the update that will not install is norton antivirus virus definitions. When i click the help link it is no use. also when i run a norton full scan it stops at the very start saying that it has encountered an internal program error and then shuts down. weird huh please help cheers

Super Moderator

Trying running Scandisk or chkdsk before starting Norton. You may have a filesystem issue.

like i said i am a real newbie wen it comes to this kind of thing, what are they?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by personalitydisorder View Post
    like i said i am a real newbie wen it comes to this kind of thing, what are they?
    look in start- program -accessories -system tools- scandisk or if you are running xp you can click start -run and type chkdsk in the box and then click ok.really myself i dont like norton i have come across it on many systems and had numerous problems as well as the fact it does appear to hog resources.the actual system i am currently on had it and i ditched it straight off and only use avg free,could be you already have a virus that is blocking it from updating and running properly,not with norton but had this recently on a system it was a trojan known as smitfraud-c only way i could shift it was with other tools and then reinstall the antivirus.had a right old hassle with it especially as the owner had no backups at all.
    simply me

no still no luck thanks for trying. anyone got anymore ideas?, the problem is i have used all three licences on the disk so if i uninstall it and then try to reinstall it, wont it just not work?

i just got a cheap copy of mcafee on ebay, is that better than norton?