Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

TP

Hello . . .

I'm using Windows ME, IE6, with SP1, a straight DUN conection to MSN ( no MSN connection software - I won't go into that ), and NO firewalls, or proxies, or any such thing. Also, an AMD Athlon 1333, with 768mb PC133 ram.

The Problem: MSN Messinger v5.0 ( 5.0.0543 )

Since around August 02, when the Messinger Updates began coming at a rate of about one every 2-3 weeks, my Messinger 4.6 worked GREAT!! Subsequent Messinger Updates have ALL had the SAME problem. Whenever I initiate a VOICE link, THEY can hear me for maybe from 3-30 seconds, then they say that I just "cut out", although I can still hear them fine. This is the same for everyone I have tried it with. Also when doing a file transfer of 550kb, or larger ( me trying to send it ), Messinger just logs me out, sometimes it just kicks me offline ( but rarely ). Messinger Help has been NO help at all, their last help was " we're aware of the problem, and it will be addressed in the next version update ".

I have tried the 4.6 and 4.7 versions again, but when I get as far as setting the AUDIO TUNING WIZZARD, messinger says that the " AUDIO TUNING WIZZARD IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME ". Does this mean that I will no longer be able to have VOICE conversations on Messinger ? ? ?

I really miss my voice and file sending capabilities, and would like to get MSN Messinger working 100% again, as all of my contacts have it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated-

TP