Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Help!Not able to use old messenger by update request

I had to reload my windows98 and lost my msn messenger. I couldnt load the new version (my computer seems to be too old), so i got an older version 6.0. But now everytime i try to log in a message comes in telling me i need to update to the new version!!! Even if i choose the šnoŽbox, it keeps on telling me i have to update to the new version... Please please please can someone help me get out of this kafkanian situation...???Thanks

Release Candiate 1

Also note: Do not use the shortcut link in the start menu. For some odd reason it points to the MSI installer. Go figure. Use the shortcuts created on desktop or in quicklaunch. If not there, will have to manually create shortcut from the MSN Messenger program files folder (msnmsgr.exe).

Quote Originally Posted by iluminada View Post
    lost my msn messenger... couldnt load new version (my computer seems to be too old)
    I'm on an old computer too, so I just use the online version at http://webmessenger.msn.com ... hope this helps.

Administrator

currently struggling for time,but im sure a while ago there was a thread that contained ways of getting the older versions working ok and to stop the update nagging,try searching the forum it was a thread with quite a few answers,if in the meantime i find it i will add this thread to it.
    simply me

I wish that would work for Skype Gaffer!

Unfortunetly,i think they changed servers and the older versions dont have that new server in thier script.... (I wish they did,i loved 0.97.040)

Release Candiate 1

The little piece of software that was to get old versions of MSN Messenger working was called Sfyx. It does not work anymore, as per the creator due to changes made on Microsoft's servers.

Another online messenger service (for msn, yahoo, aol, etc)...
    http://wwwl.meebo.com/
    Nice all-one-one installed alternative...
    http://pidgin.im/pidgin/home/

Beta

Hmmm I cant see that because I'm on win98 and got the lastest msn messager not the msn live messager