Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Billy

Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem that keeps pooping up, when using IE 6 I receive the folowing message:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, it gives me options of either viewing the error report and sending the details to Microsoft?
    Either way, it restarts my IE.

Hey

You might need to get a patch or update of somesort. I guess you could check the Microsoft website for any updates.

guest_k35454

I used to have the same problem with a beta version of IE6. I got rid of it by getting rid of IE6, recovering files removed along with IE6, and going back to IE5.5.

Pidge

umm reformat?

Stephanie

I have the same problem also, but for some reason it isn&#39;t happening as much. <_<

wtr_fire@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Billy@Mar 3 2003, 08:07 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem that keeps pooping up, when using IE 6 I receive the folowing message:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, it gives me options of either viewing the error report and sending the details to Microsoft?
    Either way, it restarts my IE.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]

cali56

:unsure: Anyone know where the hell I can find &#33;E5 or 5.5 now? Since this site took them off, can&#39;t find them anywhere.....it&#39;s a Microsoft conspiracy I tell you....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

mokopuna

Have you tried the internet repair tool?
    Startprogrammes&#092;accesories&#092;systemtools&# 092;system information.

Beta

Originally posted by cali56@Apr 2 2003, 12:30 AM
    :unsure: Anyone know where the hell I can find &#33;E5 or 5.5 now? Since this site took them off, can&#39;t find them anywhere.....it&#39;s a Microsoft conspiracy I tell you....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:
    http://browsers.evolt.org/

It was gone from here before I arrived here, but I guess they removed it because what they had here no longer worked. Nothing on any of the AOL disks works, either. It appears our good friends at Microsoft -- class action, anyone? -- gimmicked IE 5.5 (and probably other versions as well) so that while it is installing from files already downloaded, it still reaches out to the Microsoft servers anyway. When it doesn&#39;t find the server, it posts a message that YOU are not connected to the internet and offers to run again later when you are. What is actually happening then is that Microsoft has removed the sites so when your installation files reach out to the net, nothing is found and the installation aborts with the erroneous message that you are not connected to the net. It may be that no one has installation files that do not reach out to the Microsoft sites that no longer exist, so there are no versions of the downloaded files that work. I tried numerous versions on the AOL disks including the latest and none of them worked, all because they couldn&#39;t find the sites for which the installation reaches out dueing the installation. Microsoft has obviously tried to ruin the AOL disks and to obsolete W95 with which IE 6.0 does not work. Class action, anyone?

iG