Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: DOSBox

Default DOSBox

hello, i guess you see im a newbee on the forums by the post count.
    so i d like to request DOSBox archived on your oldversion.com. the program itself emulates dos system on nowdays NT machines and makes some old application and games available to run.

unfortunately, each version differs in kind of CPU emulating, to improve the program, and sometimes with older version you will be able to run some games which you wont in newer ones (or games might have sound issues or joystick issues)

so i would like to request to DOSBox, it would be realy very useful for abandonware community

so, to use your 'request form'

Program Name: DOSBox
    Current version: 0.70
    Desired versions: any older
    Description: virtual ms-dos machine
    Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 07-19-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Beta

Well since it's on SourceForge, all older versions are kept there ... you just have to look a little closer.

For example here : http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=46709

Thus I'm not sure it's really pertinent to host them here too... unless if you consider sourceforge might close someday (now THAT would be bad ;( ).

first of all thanks for your reply
    i was thinking it would be better to have it hosted on more servers since people in some countries would maybe have problems with reaching it from one place. for me personaly it sometimes takes quite long time to access source forge servers and sometimes i get time outs