Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default My old msn stopped working, help!

Hello guys.

I searched in old threads how to get the old msn to work but it did not work no more to hex the versionnr with the new.

I have had for several year MSN 6.2 and now it asks me to update everytime when I try to login and I cannot pass it without updating.

Does someone have a clue how to work this thing around?

Regards

Release Candiate 1

September 12, 2007
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-054 - Important
    Vulnerability in MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger Could Allow Remote Code Execution (942099)

MS is forcing users of 6.2 to update to version 7.0 for Win2K and 8.1 for XP/2003 Server/Vista due to the new security vulnerability.

Info:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-054.mspx

Yes I read it earlyer also, so there is no way to go through this, a crack or something?

Beta

Use aMSN instead maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by NOBY
    Yes I read it earlyer also, so there is no way to go through this, a crack or something?
    All you can do is possibly add thier server IP to your host file which will block the update check..... (You gotta find out that address first (Where the update check comes from))

I dunno if i believe they are worried about some exploit,i think they really want more control over people using that program and in 8.1 they have more......

Welcome to the site

Release Candiate 1

if all fails you can use web msn messager or meebo.com http://webmessenger.msn.com/

I read on another site how to do this....

Someone posted what they did to keep thiers working

Goto the shortcut for the program and right click,choose PROPERTIES and goto the COMPATIBILITY TAB and select Win2000 and it connects fine

Default MSN 5 problem

I was looking for a lightweight MSN protocol messenger, so I decided to hit here up, now:

Recently, MSN Messenger has made it mandatory to upgrade to newer versions. Have no fear, the wonderful folks at mess.be have figured out a solution. Simply head over to their site and download the appropriate patch.
    This was somewhat helpful until I looked to 'download the appropriate patch' which apparently isn't quite so easy. I'm just hoping someone can provide a direct link to the appropriate patch on the MSN page for future users, since I have since decided on reinstalling Pidgin.

Thanks