Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Release Candiate 1

me neither

Release Candiate 1

This had to been yahoo server itself I did get the old version going after next day I believe cant rememeber but it does still work.

Default How to Stop Yahoo from Hi-jacking Music Match 8

Uninstall Yahoo Corrupted version of Music Match Juke Box. You know the one that give the Yahoo Music Downgrade Nag Pop up.

Install Zone Alarm Pro (I used version 7) Then I resinstalled Music Match 8 from the cd.

Run Music Match 8, ZONE ALARM will alert you that Music Match is trying to access the internet and modify some files, do you want to allow this. Click remeber this answer.
    NO. and you are done, your Music Match 8 will run without the YAHOO NAG SCREEN.

Hope this Helps.

Oh another warning, there is a Microsoft update that seems to stop Music Match from working also. In case anyone does an update and then wonders why Music Match won't launch. Uninstall the update or restore to a date before you did that MS Update.

Remember to run a good fire wall if you are doing updates and use good Anti Virus and Spyware software and you should be ok without the MS update.

Default Where is MusicMatch Plus ???

Where is MusicMatch Plus ???

I have been around the world and can't find the Plus version. Are any of the old applications a Plus version? They don't say.

I keep geting directed to YAHOO, Don't want it.

I lost my Burner Plus software when I uninstalled and reinstalled. I then found out that MM does not support it anymore. No where I go does it say MMJBPlus. When I reinstalled my version, I went to upgrade, and my 7.1 version changed to version 9. One problem, it didn't come with the burner Plus and I have 2 more times to burn. (HEEEEELP)-----------

I will take any version that is 7.1 or above that has the Plus version for burning CD's.

Default Musicmatch no longer opens (Version 7.1)

I have MMJB 7.1 with the key. It stopped running back in Oct and I'm wondering if it was due to some upgrade. I'm running XP SP2 Media Edition. It still runs on an XP SP1 machine but won't run on 2 other machines under XP Media edition. When looking around I found that Yahoo had purchased MM and offered an upgrade. I found this to be a total mistake and the Yahoo Juke box to be a piece of junk.

I've uninstalled Yahoo and MMJB an reinstalled MMJB with the same result. It won't work. I'm wondering if there was a Win update that did this and if so does anyone know what the update is? Otherwise, I'll again try the uninstall/reinstall process, and if this doesn't work I'll find some other music player to download (Realplayer sucks).

Anyone know of another good program to use?
    ================================================== ==

Quote Originally Posted by marymarymary33 View Post
    Uninstall Yahoo Corrupted version of Music Match Juke Box. You know the one that give the Yahoo Music Downgrade Nag Pop up.

Install Zone Alarm Pro (I used version 7) Then I resinstalled Music Match 8 from the cd.

Run Music Match 8, ZONE ALARM will alert you that Music Match is trying to access the internet and modify some files, do you want to allow this. Click remeber this answer.
    NO. and you are done, your Music Match 8 will run without the YAHOO NAG SCREEN.

Hope this Helps.

Oh another warning, there is a Microsoft update that seems to stop Music Match from working also. In case anyone does an update and then wonders why Music Match won't launch. Uninstall the update or restore to a date before you did that MS Update.

Remember to run a good fire wall if you are doing updates and use good Anti Virus and Spyware software and you should be ok without the MS update.