Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Please help with: Opening Compressed zip folder for aol version 8.0

i downloaded version 8.0 of AOL here on olderversion.com and am having trouble opening or installing this program it came down as a compressed zip folder and dont know what i need to do to get it to work. any input and instructions would be grately appreciated.

Release Candiate 1

Default Please help with: Opening Compressed zip folder for aol version 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by petesc View Post
    i downloaded version 8.0 of AOL here on olderversion.com and am having trouble opening or installing this program it came down as a compressed zip folder and dont know what i need to do to get it to work. any input and instructions would be grately appreciated.
    I think this is the file that I uploaded to Old Version. I suggest that you find that
    "Zip File" that you downloaded and wherever you sent it to. If you you a
    Download File or whatever name of the Folder where you sent it to, I would
    create a new Folder within that Folder called AOL 8 or some such name and
    move the zip file into that Folder and then Unzip the contents into that Folder.
    If it comes out as several files, instead of just one file, look for the the AOL
    set up exe. and when you are ready to start to install if, double click on that file.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by petesc View Post
    as already stated,you need to extract all the files from that folder,it may be a self extracting folder or you may need software to extract the files,do you have a program for this such as winzip or 7zip ?
    simply me

well i finaly was able to do it i had an unzipping program i got from here too, after locating the exe file. it instaled no problem, thanks for the help