Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default ArcSoft PhotoStudio

Hi,
    In fear and respect for the moderators of this great site, I hope I have followed all the proper ettiquette for requests. If not, please excuse my imposition. The program I am requesting is not located on the main page of oldversion.com. I also did a search for the program I am requesting here in the forum section, and found three similar requests yielding little or no help from 3 or more years ago.

I am requesting the following software:

Program Name: ArcSoft PhotoStudio
    Current version: 5.5
    Desired versions: previous version circa 2001
    Description: a very basic photo editing software that possibly came bundled with my HP computer or a digital camera

Recently, my computer went through some updates (Windows and HP) -- and somehow, (I'm not a computer genius by any means,) my jpeg opening software was automatically changed to something else which does not allow me to do simple editing features like resizing. I have run a thorough search of my hard drive for ArcSoft, Photo, and the likes, and cannot find the software files anywhere on my system. I did, however, find a hyperlink in the HP help files to the ArcSoft website, so that makes me think it may have come bundled with my computer when purchased. I have grown quite comfortable with the ArcSoft PhotoStudio program and have used it for editing, mostly resizing, photos for years. I don't care to purchase the new software, I would just as soon have the older version that I was used to using. I am operating on Windows XP, if that helps, as well. Thanks to all for their help in advance!

I've been a lurker here for a few months now and have gained a lot of knowledge and respect for those of you (in the know). It's great to have a site like this available!
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Default arcsoft studio 5.5

Hi Brian !

I don't know if you solved your arcsoft studio 5.5 problem, but anyway I have it,

it came bundled with a canon scanner I bought, so if you need it let me know.

felix.bond@yahoo.com

Default re:

Thanks Felix,
    Yes, I still need this prog. Email has been sent to your addy.
    Thanks again!
    Brian

Felix,
    Just got a note that your email bounced....maybe a typo or an old Yahoo address? Please check again and let me know.
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Default arcsoft studio 5.5

Hi Brian !

Sorry but I misread your post.

The version I have is 5.5 , which you can get at:

http://www.arcsoft.com/products/photostudio/

and is not the old version that you request.

Again , sorry for the inconvenience.

Felixio

Grandma (moderator)

Hi Brian.

I also got this program together with a Canon scanner (vers. 5.0).

However OldVersion can't help you with the full version or serial - just demo/trial.
    I found some links to the following version. I don't know if this is what you want.

PhotoStudio 2000 trial

ftp://ftp.ware.ru/win/PhotoStudio2000Trial.exe
    ftp://195.228.240.135/pub/multimedia...o2000trial.exe
    http://dl.winsite.com/files/163/ar2/...o2000trial.exe
    http://ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/pc/win9...o2000Trial.exe

I understand I can't get the newest version - that's why I came here to ask about an older version (released around 2001) that was already loaded on my computer. I somehow lost the files on my computer and haven't been able to find them through searching, etc. A trial version would only be good for 30 days or so, correct? Then I would have to purchase the complete version (which is no longer available). I would then be required to purchase 5.5 (the newest version) which I really don't want. Is there any way to get the complete older version still?
    Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Brian

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bcarlson View Post
    I understand I can't get the newest version - that's why I came here to ask about an older version (released around 2001) that was already loaded on my computer. I somehow lost the files on my computer and haven't been able to find them through searching, etc. A trial version would only be good for 30 days or so, correct? Then I would have to purchase the complete version (which is no longer available). I would then be required to purchase 5.5 (the newest version) which I really don't want. Is there any way to get the complete older version still?
    Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Brian
    yes, you will obviously still find the old version but it will be on cd,looks like the only way you may get this is to search around jumble shops for old cover discs etc or printer discs and stuff it was bundled with.if it was preloaded on your pc have you checked your pc discs if you still have them that came with the system ie resteore discs etc. you never know you may already have it.
    simply me