Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Help With Cool Edit Pro - How to make excerpts

HI

In Cool Edit Pro , I'm trying to use a batch file to open a series of files and select the first two minutes of each file , and then save the selection.

The hope is that is can create excerpts each of 2 minutes from the beginning of each of the files.

I'm recording the batch script and all seems well. I select the first two minutes , copy this to a new file and then save. However , when I run the script on a number of files as a batch , it save them at varying lengths from a few seconds up to several minutes , but not in the neat 2 minute parcels I need! It's driving me mad! The files themselves are of varying lengths , but i just need the first 2 minutes of each.

Anyone have any idea how to make my excerpts? In Cool Edit , or any other program?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chayes View Post
    HI

In Cool Edit Pro , I'm trying to use a batch file to open a series of files and select the first two minutes of each file , and then save the selection.

The hope is that is can create excerpts each of 2 minutes from the beginning of each of the files.

I'm recording the batch script and all seems well. I select the first two minutes , copy this to a new file and then save. However , when I run the script on a number of files as a batch , it save them at varying lengths from a few seconds up to several minutes , but not in the neat 2 minute parcels I need! It's driving me mad! The files themselves are of varying lengths , but i just need the first 2 minutes of each.

Anyone have any idea how to make my excerpts? In Cool Edit , or any other program?

Thanks!
    Try making a batch file where you select the two minutes by typing the start and end times in, instead of selecting with the mouse.