Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default SKYPE - using old version!!!

I am trying to use an old version of SKYPE 1.2.0.48 that is suitable for my old system, but when I start the program, it shows a update message. If I close the message, the program ends up, so I could not use it. I did unchecked the option “Check for updates automatically” in the Preferences, but the program ignores my configuration in the Preferences and still checks for updates when it starts and it don't let the program start. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you, folks

You could try a newer version instead.. Perhaps? Skype 2.0 works good on my computer and I only(almost) use Skype 3.6 to send Skype SMS.

The latest version of Skype is too heavy on my system. Guess we have something in common..

I know that with newer versions of skype the configuration settings can be overrulled by a config.xml file that's put in a directory %appdata%, like:
    C:\Users\Rael\AppData\Roaming\Skype\yourskypename

Perhaps you can check if you have this file, and edit it? If you don't have the file you can still create it and tweak it...

Good luck!