Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default ACDSee Older Version 3.1 problems

Problem started when some of the features started not to work, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall and at the end my screen went into "Safe Mode" and a note came up that the "installation was incomplete and I should re-install again."
    I also received the Warning: the standard plugin "IDE_ACDStd.apl" could not be loaded. Some features of ACDSee will not work correctly without this plugin."

Sounds like I have a real problem on my hands......I am about ready to give up.....Would greatly appreciate any help.....

Release Candiate 1

I started having problems with ACDSee 4 PowerPack quite some time ago, especially with PicaView 2.0. Finally determined it was caused by an MS security update for XP (HTML Help security update). There might have been a recent MS security update that broke yours even further, that's if you are on XP. I scrapped ACDSee. I sure do miss PicaView... It was an excellent little piece of software from ACD Systems.