Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default about firewalls (TinyPersonalFirewall)

I've had/used the Tiny Personal Firewall for quite a while now - but don't know enough about computers to know if I have it set right, or whether it's doing what I hope it is.

There doesn't seem to be any Help or Support for it because I'm using an older version of TPF (ver 2.0.15A) on a Win98SE computer.

Can anyone tell me in a simple way, what an "ICMP" is?

And do I need to allow it through my dial-up internet connection?

I currently have the TPF rule set to do NOT allow it in.

Administrator

hi mate,never used that firewall myself but the icmp you will find an example here save me typing stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interne...ssage_Protocol
    simply me

hello adanVdo

it sounds like you already know enough about computers if you have used tiny firewall. it does require the user to know which executables are alien to your computer. right now, i'm in the market for another firewall...and i saw your message and am wondering what has been your experience with tiny firewall

Colin

I do nto have any exprience with Tiny firewall but still use Sygate firewall that is also free.
    Company has been sold to Symantec but their old firewall is still good in combination with good antivirus.