Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default views on global warming.

such a big thing nowadays is the matter of global warming,well cast your mind back,are the winters we have now as cold as they used to be ? i personally think not.how has the weather changed where you live,where i am in uk its obviously warmer now in winter than 30 years ago as snow is a rare thing to get for more than a day or so,is this just coincidence or is global warming to blame,lets have your views and opinions from where you live.
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

Seen science reports stating that the Earth's magnetic field is changing. This has been shown by some to happen in the far distant past. These shifts can change weather patterns being that the Earth's magnetic shield helps protect us from the Sun's solar energy.

Another report I somewhat agree with is that tiny pollution particles are being carried along in jet streams/clouds which in turn is affecting weather patterns due to the particles UV reflective capabilities.

I'm not all that convinced about the so-called affect of 'greenhouse' gases. The ozone layer has repaired itself of recent, from what I have gathered.

As mentioned above, IMO, the changes in the magnetic field has had the most effect on our recent weather patterns. However, I don't feel it has been that extreme to the point that we are in any kind of 'Doomsday' trouble here as others would have you believe with respect to 'greenhouse' gases and such. Just remember, back in the 70's many were talking about another ice age in our near future.

Administrator

very very true i myself remember the mid seventies when i was a young lad,proper winters we had then,i remember being out for hours in snow that was actually drifting and in parts waist deep.my kids now well at least the young ones have never had chance to snowball yet alone build a snowman,yet just 30 years back here in the east of the uk we had snow for weeks at a time ,not just a day here and there.i remember fetching fresh warm cows milk straight from the dairy farm,nowadays health and safety wouldnt allow it.imagine now folk having to walk 3 miles in snow to town because the roads were blocked and the needed to get supplies of food.the thought is enough to worry them to death.
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

global warming really sucks, all our seasons here in the UK are messed up, for example the weather this last week was better than the weather in the summer! and theres a lot more rain and flooding now

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by randomgypsy View Post
    global warming really sucks, all our seasons here in the UK are messed up, for example the weather this last week was better than the weather in the summer! and theres a lot more rain and flooding now
    we been lucky down the east coast ,flooding didnt give us a problem and the summer was quite good,all we suffered in the flood period was odd flash floods that were only a problem on the real rural country roads and then only for a few hours and they were gone,must admit i do like my fishing but usually pack in early september for the year as the sport drops off and i cant stand the cold for long due to my health but this year weve still been fishing and still are, sport hasnt dropped off at all.
    simply me

Well I don’t think my time scale is significant to talk on anything on a global scale though I certainly find the possibility that we are altering the planet globally logical, as I see skies that were once blue now tinged with brown smog, sands that were once white now blackbrown from the mass of rubber and oil coming off the roads and sediments from large scale developments of concrete jungle being rapidly transported via concrete lined streams to a coast once populated by the odd camping ground and caravan park now just becoming a never ending stretch of suburbia ,rock pools explored as a child now sign posted to beware of sewage overflows into now barren pools, apart from noxious looking green brown slimes, but then everything was rosy back in the good old days that’s why they are called that.
    I am hoping science will be our saviour so we can keep on polluting to our hearts content as I'm sure there will soon be a nano machine that will turn pollution into chocolate chip cookies and it will be powered by carbon dioxide,I worry though that when those little machines will run out of CO2 they may decide to take our breath away.
    Perhaps biotech will develop genetherapy that will make our hair grow in increasing uv radiation and processed foods will make you fitter stronger, it is for this purpose that I think we should be acknowleging science as the new world hero.
    For my idea: I think all gyms/fitness centres should have little generators fitted to all those machines so when we go past those glass buildings and see all the people working out (that always makes me giggle:) we know they are at least producing power to make nano (or more fitness) machines to save the planet.

As for the weather! well dont get me started.

Gold

Default uk flooding

i live in the uk aswell. i am in london and i have not experianced any flooding ,except for the occasional 'downpoar' of rain. I still have not experianced as much snow as we did in the year 2000 or 2003. Very sad...

Quote Originally Posted by randomgypsy View Post
    yes i agree randomgypsy, global warming really does suck. Too many dumb changes in weather...

Administrator

not many replies on this,praps everyone thought oh well and just turned the fridge up a bit and bought stronger sun cream LOL lol
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    not many replies on this,praps everyone thought oh well and just turned the fridge up a bit and bought stronger sun cream LOL lol
    Might be because there is too much hype, misinformation and outright lying about the effects of global warming, or for some, 'so-called' global warming. The new (old?) theory out there now is that global warming will cause another ice age... Probably too many people basing their beliefs on "The Day After Tomorrow" movie recently being shown on TV. If it's on TV, it must be true.

I like this bit of info...
    Everything is Caused by Global Warming (600+ links):
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...by_global.html

Administrator

television ios the root of all evil in the eyes of many,but then so is the www. its a sad fact as you say people think if its in the paper or on the telly then its got to be true,never really believe much i see or read i tend to rely on seeing is believing,i see with my own eyes how the seasons are changing and things are much warmer now than 30-40 years back,it is so much different in my opinion .i have kids and i honestly do not think they have seen a good fall of snow as i did when i was a youngster,is it global warming or just a shift in the weather patterns and other areas getting snow and not us.only time will tell i guess.
    simply me