Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Mirc 6.01

Renoroc

I *think* it is a false positive, but I recently downloaded mIRC 6.01 from oldversion for an older script I was using, and scanned the directory using the free trojan/bot scanner Swatit from http://www.lockdowncorp.com/

The program showed my mirc.exe file infected by one of the GT bot variants - which are used in DDOS attacks. I thought perhaps the script might be bad, so after cleaning up everything completely. I re-installed the oldversion.com copy of 6.01 and rescanned the directory after a default install. Swatit still shows the exe as a GT Bot. I re-installed 6.03 and the script, since it was still mostly functional on newer mIRC, and a Swatit scan shows no infection. If anyone is running 6.01, they might like to see if their version shows infected as well. My regular trojan scanner and anti-virus programs miss it completely. Swatit is supposedly decent at finding IRC bots/worms, so I am not entirely discounting what it says yet.

Release Candiate 1

This is certainly worth investigating. Before adding files to the archive, we scan the files with an anti-virus program with the latest virus definitions. We rarely find any infected files. If a file was infected, the anti-virus should have detected it.

We try hard to make sure that the every file added to the OldVersion.com archive is authentic. If anything slips by us, we appreciate if someone brings this to our attention.

I am not a security expert, so I cannot tell you why this is happening. However, I uploaded a different version of mIRC 6.01. The new one was downloaded from one of the official mIRC web sites. Feel free to try the new file. Hopefully the problem will be gone.

- Igor

Renoroc

I downloaded the new copy you put on your site, and Swatit still detected it as GT Bot Cisco. I'm now sure this was a false positive, so I am just going to continue to use the 6.01 and not worry what Swatit says. Thank you for being so helpful.

icemanx

I have the same mirc since v2 all I do is change the mirc32.exe file and all the rest work

no different to version 1

have a nice day

Try it a few times