Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Default use a camera as a webcam?? :rolleyes:

hi, i want to know how to use my hp photosmart e427 as a webcam as it does not have a microphone socket. The microphone built into the camera is really bad quality, so i want to use a separate microphone that does not record the whirr of the video recording noise. Also, i need really good quality (3 - 6mp) so i cannot use a cheap £4 Webcam. My hp photosmart camera is a 6mp camera so its good quality.
    thanks in advance...
    Last edited by aptom; 12-03-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by aptom View Post
    hi, i want to know how to use my hp photosmart e427 as a webcam as it does not have a microphone socket. The microphone built into the camera is really bad quality, so i want to use a separate microphone that does not record the whirr of the video recording noise. Also, i need really good quality (3 - 6mp) so i cannot use a cheap £4 Webcam. My hp photosmary camera is a 6mp camera so its good quality.
    thanks in advance...
    having had a couple of hp cameras myself then i would strongly agree the sound on these is not the best and as youve said some models are terrible,remember though that most cameras used as a webcam are pretty much the same and never give the quality of sound like a dedicated webcam,mainly because most makers just add it as a feature to attract more buyers and dont put the effort into quality in that area, after all its a digital camera,perhaps your software may allow you to use a seperate microphone but it would be simpler to buy a seperate webcam an innitial cost but always connected and ready to go and obviously the sound is much better,the problem many have that i come across is they start their program only to find they havent plugged the camera in before hand and then have to sign out and then exit the program connect the camera and then restart the program for it to recognise it,(camfrog) being one such program.it quite annoys people.
    simply me

Gold

Default out of sync

i have tried recording the video using camera, then recording the audio seperately with my mp3 player, but when i mix them together using movie maker the audio and video allways are out of sync.
    also, do you know any camera that is under £30, has a microphone socket and is 3 - 6 mp (megapixels)?

thanks in advance...

Administrator

if you want to browse a few different cams and get an idea of quality and prices pop on to www.ebay.co.uk ive seen 8mp cams with built in mic for less than £30 my latest cam which is 6mp and excellent sound and picture quality cost me £21 with postage.
    simply me

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    if you want to browse a few different cams and get an idea of quality and prices pop on to www.ebay.co.uk ive seen 8mp cams with built in mic for less than £30 my latest cam which is 6mp and excellent sound and picture quality cost me £21 with postage.
    are they second hand, or new as ebay is a second hand shop?
    is dey are second hand, then do you know any place where you can buy new ones that are less than £30?

thanks!!!!!
    Last edited by aptom; 12-03-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: info

Administrator

you obviously didnt look,ebay is not a second hand shop at all,some items are second hand but many thousands of items are NEW as the listings state,doubt you will find shop prices with the same spec for the same money as lots of ebay sellers do not carry the over heads that a conventional shop does.
    simply me

Release Candiate 1

some items in ebay are used and some are new the seller would stated it used/new

Administrator

if you are unsure about using an online auction such as ebay you could check out http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...eywords=webcam
    simply me