Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Nero Software Needed

I just wiped out my PC and reinstalled Windows. I thought I kept the executable file for my Nero software but unfortunately I didn't. I have used this Nero DVD Rom Burning Software for about 10 years. It was the older version (I think it may have been version 5.5.7.8, I do know it was one of the version 5's). Does anyone have this executable file? I never had to pay for it when I first downloaded it a long time ago. Everything on Nero's site are only demos. I sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Administrator

Nero has never been free software,you may have had a version that was shipped with a drive and perhaps downloaded an update,if you want free cd burning software you could search the forums here or try cd burner xp that is freeware CDBurnerXP: Introduction and News obviously there are other freeware titles that are as good.many have been listed in previous threads.
    simply me

Thanks for the info. I'll try the CDBurnerXP software. Do you know if Nero Express was ever part of any DaemonTools downloads? It seems like I once downloaded Daemon Tools and maybe that's where I got the Nero Express from. Nero Express is so much simpler and easier to use.

Administrator

I am not aware of daemon ever being associated with nero,i would go as far as to say definitely not,some new pcs were shipped with a nero disc as well as the usual recovery discs if it was preinstalled.maybe thats where you got it from.the cd burner xp will do everything i think that nero does and its very simple to use.
    simply me

Thanks again for the info. CD Burner XP works very well.

Thanks.