Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Crazy Old Screensaver

Now, I know this is going to sound like an insane task, but here goes...

Some time in the late 90s I had this one screensaver on my computer. I had the same screensaver until 2002, when that computer crashed. I've gone nuts trying to find it, ever since. For a while, I thought it was an After Dark screensaver, but I've yet to find a version of After Dark that has/had it. Then, I thought it might have been part of one of my mom's old shareware collections (back when turning your monitor in to a strobe light was an accomplishment). I couldn't find it in any of the software I could get a hold of, but maybe I just didn't look hard enough. It might even just be an After Dark screensaver that isn't supported anymore. Anyways, here's the description...

It's grainy sci-fi-ish video of a guy wearing goggles, with techno-babble text popping up on the screen (stuff about connections and errors and the sort). There's a female synthesized voice reading off some of the same techno-babble. I remember that the options available for the screensaver were mostly just choices of color. One of the things I found most odd was that purple was an option (It's hard to find purple-themed screensavers). "Amber" was one of the other options.

I know it's a bit rude to come on to a forum and ask for help in my first post, but I figured there might be some old school screensaver-collectors on these forums (I used to be one back when I had the 'saver I'm trying to find), and it's slowly driving me crazy, not having any evidence that the coolest screensaver I ever had ever existed. On a side note, has anyone else noticed how difficult it seems to be to find good screensavers these days? Just a bunch of crappy slideshows now-a-days...

Default Reply to old screensaver post

I had an old 386 that had After Dark on it. I'm not sure if it had that specific screensaver, but it may have.

I suggest going to this site.